View topic - Ford Everest/Ranger 4x4 Build Thread

Ford Everest/Ranger 4x4 Build Thread

Avid Poster

Re: Ford Everest/Ranger 4x4 Build Thread

Ranger333,

Will try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge:

I have the manual box, but there are a few guys on here running 32's with the 5 speed auto and from what I have seen it seems to cope fine, though you will notice some loss of power and extra fuel usage. Are you also aware that when fitting 32's you may be required to do some inner guard & mudflap trimming due to tyre scrubbing issues?

I don't know what your laws are over there regarding modifications and compliance etc so can't give you anything concrete on the replica bullbar except to make sure it's welded very well and airbag compliant (which is law over here).

Regarding the customized rear bar, BFT RANGER (Millsy) would be the best bloke to speak to there as he fabricated his own a while back so could advise you of any issues to look out for etc. See his bar here.

Don't know about the anti-roll bar thing with the Rangers, but here's a thread talking about the disconnection of sway bars.
I have heard about the occasional Ironman shock failing before (as with other brands), so it would pay to take the vehicle back to your Ironman dealer and have it checked out; replacement should be covered under warranty if needed anyhow.

Jason
"Failure is never quite so frightening as regret"

Unread postby JBird » March 12th, 2012, 7:11 am

Here and there

Thanks again JBird.
Regarding the 32s: I have a 2" lift already but if fender trimming is required will take care of it no problem. My bottom of rim to fender measurements are as follows (3/4 Tank): Left Rear 790mm, Right Rear 767mm, Left Front 760mm, Right Front 758mm. So the right side has definitely sagged, not sure why. Im guessing because of the leaf but like you say can a failed shock cause the sag I'm experiencing? I also have a power chip and a K&N air filter that has raised stock 156 hp, 380nm torque to 192 hp 450nm torque so I think I should be alright. Almost never use full power in the city with the chip, its just scary fast.

Laws on modification: This is India, there are no laws on modifications! I can do pretty much whatever I want and it will be perfectly road legal. Not like anyone checks anyway - one of the plus points of living here. Also no speed limits but I never go more than 140kph on the highway.

I would want the bumper to be airbag compliant as well. Just hope the fabricator has done airbag compliant bumpers before. He works on Indian jeeps usually which dont have airbags so if he has not done something similar to what I want then I'm just going to pay for the Ironman one for safety reasons.

Thanks for the tips
More X 4

Unread postby Ranger333 » March 12th, 2012, 10:30 am

Avid Poster

Nice build up. Its good to see something slightly different with essentially is the same vehicle.

Interesting about the sagging suspension. Hope you get it sorted. Let us know how you go.
The key to good 4wding is not running over some one elses.<<<<<<<<<<

Unread postby LNGRNGR » March 12th, 2012, 11:47 am

Been here a while

Re: Ford Ranger 4x4 Buildup (Help Needed-Lockers)

Guys, it's a PK FORD EVEREST made in Thailand. (the wagon version of the dual/single cab ranger). I'm not sure about Australia but popular in PNG and Philippines. ;)

Unread postby PNG Bred » March 12th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Here and there

List of parts I just requested quotes for from the Ironman and ARB dealers here:

1) Locking differentials: ARB air locker, and Ironman is also offering something here although it is not listed on their website
2) Bullbar: both from Ironman and the ARB deluxe Bullbar
3) Snorkel: From both
4) Rock Sliders: From both
5) Winches: Cheapest 9k lbs capacity winches from both.
6) Portable Air Compressors: From both; To re-inflate the 32"MTs from 10psi :D
7) Rear bar: ARB one seems better but requested from both anyway

The Ironman dealer has become a good friend after all the times I have spoken with and met him so have asked him to give me some good prices considering the investment I plan to make. We'll see how it turns out. Either way, most of this will be on my truck in the next 6 months to a year. Money does not accumulate that fast so have to wait a while to make each purchase. And this imported stuff is ridiculously expensive here considering I could buy a brand new small car for what I would spend on all this. Damn the import tax.
More X 4

Unread postby Ranger333 » March 12th, 2012, 5:19 pm

Avid Poster

Hi Ranger333,

Got some photo's yesterday for you of my Longranger long range tank(126ltrs)

Regards Ranger50 :thumb: :drink: :drink: :drink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FordRangerPKDC2009HighlandGreenDeluxebarWinchSnorkelLR TankCanopyXXXHIDDLightsUHFReverseCameraDualBatteriesOBCompressorHID conversion2inLiftBFGAT2657516WetseatSeatcoversTurbo TimerCustomrockersBattMon

Unread postby Ranger50 » March 25th, 2012, 5:36 am

Here and there

Ranger50 wrote:Hi Ranger333,

Got some photo's yesterday for you of my Longranger long range tank(126ltrs)

Thanks a ton Ranger 50! This is exactly what I wanted to see. Now I know for a fact that they have had to make some modifications to the wagon version causing the fuel tank to be placed much much lower. I have also found the difference in specs of the wagon version compared to the ute version.

Wheelbase: Wagon 2860mm; Ute: 3000mm
Length: Wagon: 5060mm; Ute: 5173mm

This difference along with not having passenger seats for the whole body probably leaves a lot of room for the fuel tank in the Ute version. Wagon versions fuel tank sits really low and I scrape it everywhere! It is at least 2 to 3 inches lower than the tank in the Ute version. The wagon version comes with a 4mm solid powder coated steel skid plate botled to the chassis though so that is one saving grace. Still not happy with where the tank is at though. See in these 2 pics below:

2009 Ranger Specs: http://www.pressportal.com.au/news/946/ ... 02-20.html
2011 Ford Endeavour Specs: http://www.india.ford.com/suv/endeavour ... /spec-data
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
More X 4

Unread postby Ranger333 » March 26th, 2012, 6:27 am

Avid Poster

Hi Ranger333,

Your's is a standard tank, mine is a aftermarket long range tank, I don't know if that has anything to do with your's hanging lower, I didn't take any photo's of my standard take before it was removed!!!!!!!!!!

FordRangerPKDC2009HighlandGreenDeluxebarWinchSnorkelLR TankCanopyXXXHIDDLightsUHFReverseCameraDualBatteriesOBCompressorHID conversion2inLiftBFGAT2657516WetseatSeatcoversTurbo TimerCustomrockersBattMon

Unread postby Ranger50 » March 27th, 2012, 7:49 am

Here and there

I've just paid for some 31x10.5x15 Maxxis Boghorn MTs!!! Been waiting a long time to some solid MTs on my truck and that day will finally come! Was aiming to get some 32x11.5s but that's just not available in India right now. Just need to go out there and buy myself some new 15" wheels now with some nice negative offset. Thinking of getting something like -10 offset of possible. I want the tires pushing out of the fenders a bit for that aggressive look. Will post pics once I have them on.

There's a fabricator here that makes custom offroad equipment including steel wheels. Im going to ask him to make me ones with -10mm offset. The PK Ranger has a 139.7 PCD 6 Bolt Pattern Correct?

Here a picture of them at the dealers. They are fitted with some nice alloys there but I want to get something less flashy.
More X 4

Unread postby Ranger333 » April 2nd, 2012, 4:37 pm

Previous

Return to Tourers