Got (or want) bigger tyres? Come in here

mattlyon
Avid Poster

Re: Got bigger tyres? Come in here

Unread post by mattlyon » June 8th, 2011, 9:29 pm

just remember that winding up the bars lift the vehicle but the wheel still travels the exact same path through its travel. here is a picture of mine sitting on the mumb stops with a body lift and 265s onImage

so this is where the wheel will end up when you hit a big bump and use most of the travel. 33s will definatly destroy the rear part and most likely the top of the guard when hitting rough stuff, i am going to step up to 285/75s next with more offset. i tried fitting 35s but theres no way they would even go close

bert-bt50
Been here a while

Unread post by bert-bt50 » June 11th, 2011, 5:42 am

Just fitted 31 mtz's with a efs 2" lift and there is NO way anything bigger would fit without major rubbing to the guards and mudflaps.

Bert

project zook
Here and there

Unread post by project zook » June 11th, 2011, 12:55 pm

i have ome suspension and 31x10.5 cooper stt's and they didnt scrub without the lift but that extra 30mm at the front put my mind at ease so far as hitting bit ruts or dips at speed and not destroying my guards

Textures
Been here a while

Unread post by Textures » June 12th, 2011, 1:40 am

4x4playNT

My apologies, I need to learn to read better, I thought he was asking for BT50 / Ranger results only. What is the stock b2600 diameter? Saying it chirps 3rd was just to point out its balls are still large big tyres or not.

I'm personally after a vehicle that looks the goods aswell as performs, Im sick of bastards saying 'you should of bought a patrol / hilux' so tyres that fill the wheel archers are the next obvious step. I would of loved to get the 3" lift in the truck but I got impatient and opted for 2".... only a couple months before they finally released the higher lift (typical)

Hey Matylon, throw on some 33's and show us what the go is, seems your the only bloke on forum atm that actually has a body lift in a BT50, Ive got 33's waiting but they are in a different state that Im not visiting till the end of next month

aza
Here and there

Unread post by aza » June 12th, 2011, 10:14 pm

i have a pic of my bt with a 33 on it will upload tomoro
will not fit with out a bit of cutting of the gard behind the mud flap

Textures
Been here a while

Unread post by Textures » June 13th, 2011, 7:12 am

Sweet, looking forward to the photo aza, If its only a cutting of the guard thats needed it looks like ill be rocking 33's at Fraser in a month :D

rolly82

Unread post by rolly82 » June 13th, 2011, 1:10 pm

I hav'nt done this,but if you put a 2" body lift+a 2" suspension lift
+ portal axles you might find you'll fit 35"s

Me on the other hand,I have 31''s with a 2" suspension lift with
heaps of room to spare.

aza
Here and there

Unread post by aza » June 14th, 2011, 8:42 am

i cant work out how to post it strat to here but theres a link
you need to take of the plastic iner gard and cut some of the body a way to get the clerans to make them fit this will be abel to be coverd up when you sell the car buy ceping the plastic trim and puting it back on later
now i have not dun this to my car but this is what i beleve you need to do to make it work with what i sore when i tryed them on

aza
Here and there

Unread post by aza » June 14th, 2011, 8:51 am

got it worked out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Textures
Been here a while

Unread post by Textures » June 14th, 2011, 5:05 pm

thanks for the share man, that looks tops

ranger2452
Need to get out more

Unread post by ranger2452 » June 14th, 2011, 5:08 pm

hey aza what sort of lift is that
W.A .......whingers anonymous
Coffs harbour.....4wd capital of the WORLD
Ranger2452 aka rebadgedmazda2452

aza
Here and there

Unread post by aza » June 14th, 2011, 7:29 pm

just the arb lift
im looking at geting some 265/75/16 Baja MTZ Radial
has anyone used them and how have thay found them everone i no runs maxxis with no truble
only becose Maxxis MT-762 Bighorn and most of there there tyers are now no longer avalabell.
it is only what you find at the shops thats all thats left becose there is a min 3 munths untill new orders can be made with maxxis japan becose thay where taken out in the sunarme i only found this out today when i was going to order some becose im off to cape york next munth
sorry for any bad spelling it is not my strong point

now if you do the body lift you may find that no cuting will be need as it was under full lock and only what i wood call a small amount to cut off

ranger2452
Need to get out more

Unread post by ranger2452 » June 14th, 2011, 8:37 pm

i have a mate running 285's in mtz's he loves em but i guess they are like every tire he likes em then you get that bloke that doesnt you know what i mean :thumb: i get grief for runnin coopers but i love em :D
W.A .......whingers anonymous
Coffs harbour.....4wd capital of the WORLD
Ranger2452 aka rebadgedmazda2452

bt50capeyork
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by bt50capeyork » June 15th, 2011, 6:06 pm

olright, so after months of researching and asking people i can confirm that 265/75/r16 will fit onto mazda alloys and have plenty of room under the guards for wheel travel, i wound up the torsion bars 5 turns when i did the bullbar and that is all standard suspension still and they fit plus they work in every way.

Really happy with the outcome lifted my clearence by 50mm min aswell as provided some impressive looks, it did take a little bit of the BT50 sting outta the accelleration from start but in 2 weeks time i wont know the difference.

heres a semi dodgy pic though ill post more when my mods are complete.

Cheers :)

BT50capeyork
ARB bull bar, ironman whinch, TJM compressor, spotties uhf, watertank and just the begining.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mattlyon
Avid Poster

Unread post by mattlyon » June 15th, 2011, 7:29 pm

ill try and get a hold of a set of 285s soon to try on there. i tried a set of 35s last week while i swapped with a mate for a roadworthy and theres definatly no way 35s are going to fit unless you had a 5" diff drop

Return to “PJ/PK Ranger / Old BT50”