Got (or want) bigger tyres? Come in here

Mybt50
Here and there

Re: Got (or want) bigger tyres? Come in here

Unread post by Mybt50 » September 24th, 2015, 3:50 pm

So I'm up for tyres soon and I can't decide on 32s or 33s.
I've got a mates set of 33x12.5 on the same time as mine that I can try out (I would probably stick to the 10.5) but just want to know how the trucks have been with them fitted for a long period of time if anything has failed as a result.
32s seem the more sensible option, but 33s... Well they're 33s :)
Any feedback?
Too many mods, and many more to come so here's a link to my shed.
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/2008-mazda-bt50-sdx

Mullinsbum
Here and there

Unread post by Mullinsbum » September 24th, 2015, 9:40 pm

Hey Mybt50, I've been running 33s x 11.5" wide on my PK for a while now and all seems fine with it, besides the loss of acceleration due to the overall gearing being taller now that was easily rectified with some tuning and a water/meth kit. Originally I had them on a 16 x 9 rim with only -13mm offset and it fit with no rubbing after some minor trimming of the plastic at the rear and front of the wheel arch. However I now have a rim with -38mm offset and the tire rubs much easier at the rear of the wheel arch while locked and under some compression, I've actually had to get out the saw and hammer and massage some of the bodywork, now it's ok though. I noticed in your signature you said you're running longer control arms, how much longer are they and where did you get them?
2010 Ranger PK XLT | 285/75/16 Dick Cepek Crushers | 3" Straight Pipe Exhaust | Raised Custom Intercooler | EGR Delete | 2" Custom Suspension Lift, 2" Body Lift | SS Braided Brake and Clutch Lines | Water/Methanol Injection | Custom Helical Rear LSD |

Mybt50
Here and there

Unread post by Mybt50 » September 25th, 2015, 9:20 am

Hey Mullins,

Wow that's a huge offset! I've got -24 and only looking to get the 10.5 so mightn't be too bad.
The arms I got off fleebay for $575 natmar4x4. They come from thailand in about a week.
Took me about and hour to get the two bolts out of the drivers side with all the lines in there.
They look really well made and fit great, just had to bend the brackets for the abs with some pliers.
I had the torsion bars wound to the max before and the ride was fkd! Now Ive got the droop back and it's all good.
It is a true 2" lift with still an inch of downtravel.

Mybt50
Here and there

Unread post by Mybt50 » September 25th, 2015, 9:24 am

Here's a few pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smikED
Here and there

Unread post by smikED » October 6th, 2015, 10:08 am

Hi MyBT50,
Mullins may have 33's with only small massaging but he didn't tell you he has a 2" body lift.
I have the same rims as you with Hancook M/T 31's. Its wound up til only 5-6mm gap on the bump stop, inner guards cut back and they still hit. Not very often but still every now and then. Your factory bulbar may become an issue for front clearance also.Are you looking at getting A/T's or M/T's? That makes a difference to what size you can fit
DAILY: 2008 PJ XL 4x4, 15x8 -26 sunnies, 31x10.5 Hankook MT, Diff breathers, Tub liner, Aftermarket intercooler, Twin light bars
WEEKEND: 1994 ED Falcon, Full options, V8, leather, gilmer
NEVER ENDING: 1966 Chev Impala, Gen3, powerglide

Mybt50
Here and there

Unread post by Mybt50 » October 18th, 2015, 7:26 pm

Hey smiked, maybe your tires are chunkier?
I wound up my torsion bars a bit and have had no issues at all??
With the original lift the torsional were wound right up, then with the control arms there is heaps more available.
Definitely going for muds, probably get the maxxis bighorns.
Not really keen on doing a body lift so if it comes to that I will just be getting 32s.

bhnes52
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by bhnes52 » February 1st, 2016, 10:31 am

I just purchased full 2inch tough dog suspenion lift. Im currently running 245/75/16 and are at 30% life. Im thinking bigger. Would 265, 285, or 305 be my best option. Keep in my i am rebuilding my front diff so i am also considering uograding front and rear ratios to accomodate bigger tyres

Return to “PJ/PK Ranger / Old BT50”