Courier/Bravo/Raider Tech Tips & Handy Hints

Mazda Musings
madazmazda
Here and there

Re: Courier/Bravo/Raider Tech Tips & Handy Hints

Unread post by madazmazda » September 18th, 2010, 6:08 pm

yea i have been using the kms but i was still 40kms short of what i nornally do but it ran out. also worked out that there was 5litres still left in the tank. i might enquire at mazdaq to see how much for a new sender unit

bravoboy300
Part of the furniture

Unread post by bravoboy300 » September 25th, 2010, 7:05 pm

The whining isnt the syncro is it? sometimes it can be heard, especially if your going down a gear and going a tad quick, the syncro spins to allow you to select the gear....
And id try Autopro/Repco before mazda for the sender unit as they're most likely dear as poision...ive fitted a few sender units to various cars at work and 90% of the time aftermarket is cheaper and just as good, if not better

Also does anyone know where i can get the rear window for a tourertop canopy? i have the canopy but the window was missing when it came with the truck and i'd like to put it on the car but need the back window... Any suggestions???

Cheers
Trav

HEM19X
Been here a while

Unread post by HEM19X » September 26th, 2010, 8:29 pm

We had a whine in the rear diff at about 50-60ks. Turned out that the teeth on the crown wheel [?? right terminology?] were "delaminating"... got it fixed under warranty so saved us a packet.

When the the noise becomes evident, push the clutch in & see if it stops.. if not, could be serious.

Hem

madazmazda
Here and there

Unread post by madazmazda » September 29th, 2010, 8:51 pm

Thanks HEM19X i will try that tomorrow. pretty sure my clutch is fucked now anyways. gears are realy hard to pull and sometimes i have to turn it off just to get it into 1st and reverse mainly but the other gears are hard to get also.
Also when i am sitting on a slight hill facing up when im in 1st with my foot on the clutch it will still drive forward slowly unless i put my foot on the brake. my guess is the clutch is rooted unless anyone has any other sugestions. Feel free to prove me wrong this is only my opinion.

I am also about to do my 200 000 service. Going to do all belts, fuel filter, oil and filter, both diffs, full suspention check and all that sort of stuff as i have attained an 8 page service guide for my car with all the specs and stuff. Any suggestions would be appreciated also.

i have recently done the glow plugs, air filter, gearbox and transfer oil and the brake fluid so i am not going to be doing them.

madazmazda
Here and there

Unread post by madazmazda » September 29th, 2010, 9:18 pm

bravoboy300 wrote:The whining isnt the syncro is it? sometimes it can be heard, especially if your going down a gear and going a tad quick, the syncro spins to allow you to select the gear....
And id try Autopro/Repco before mazda for the sender unit as they're most likely dear as poision...ive fitted a few sender units to various cars at work and 90% of the time aftermarket is cheaper and just as good, if not better

Also does anyone know where i can get the rear window for a tourertop canopy? i have the canopy but the window was missing when it came with the truck and i'd like to put it on the car but need the back window... Any suggestions???

Cheers
Trav

wats they synchro bravo boy

madlad
I'm new, be nice!

Re:

Unread post by madlad » September 30th, 2010, 12:07 pm

madlad wrote:Hey guys, I am new here. I have a 2005 Courier 2.5TD with 150,000K's. I have removed the air box and replaced with a pod filter (Very noisy, but sweet) and wound the boost up from 12psi to 15psi. It seems to be running a lot better, but I was told to reduce the lag I should either relocate the inter cooler, or bypass it altogether as it is not really needed on these. Any thoughts on that?

I am going to get my exhaust done next. This is a New Zealand model, I dont think it has a Cat??? I was just going to unbolt before that massive muffler and replace with a straight pipe to the rear, this would mean it would be straight the whole way through. Will this work ok?

Any other ideas on improving performance?

Thanks

Ok, the straight through exhaust didnt really work out. It sounds like a tractor

oops
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by oops » September 30th, 2010, 9:38 pm

Does anyone know how to tune the gas system on a 1996 bravo. It is the 2.6ltr petrol with factory fitted gas. It runs an 80se landi converted and only has a sensitivity screw and a power valve which is not connected (is it necassary). also while im at it what is the timing meant to be, there is a big scratch through the timming specs under the bonnet so i cant read it

cheers

4x4playNT
Part of the furniture

Unread post by 4x4playNT » October 1st, 2010, 10:09 pm

As far as I am aware, the ecu will adjust the timing to suit....asuming that you are running EFI.
As a rule of thumb, timing is around 8-9deg advanced.....but I could be wrong. Has been a while since I put a timing light on anything.

bravoboy300
Part of the furniture

Unread post by bravoboy300 » October 7th, 2010, 7:04 pm

madazmazda wrote:

wats they synchro bravo boy

hard to explain easily, but the syncro macthes the speeds of the the gears being engaged to allow for and easy change of gears, when slowing down the syncro spins to macth the speeds of the gears. as the syncro spins it can create a whine. mine does it from 3rd down to 2nd...and it comes directly from the gearbox so usually easy to hear...

Travis

4x4playNT
Part of the furniture

Unread post by 4x4playNT » October 9th, 2010, 6:44 pm

As bravoboy said, its synchronizes the two helical gears together, making an easier shift.
Old trucks never had syncromesh, which resulted in having to double clutch the gears.

4x4playNT
Part of the furniture

Unread post by 4x4playNT » November 12th, 2010, 1:05 pm

Technically not the correct spot for this...so am awaiting a slap on my hands for posting.

ANYWAYS

After a Passenger side tierod for maztruck. Not tie rod ends, but the tie rod itself. Mine currently looks like a banana and would prefer to replace than re-straighten.

Not having much luck at the wreckers.

Scott2510
Here and there

Unread post by Scott2510 » November 27th, 2010, 7:59 am

My 2005 SDX B4000 has had plenty of mods as you'll see if you look in my shed.
I can assist with a couple of older thread answers if people are still looking:
Snorkel for a V6 Bravo or Courier:
After many hours of trawling the internet found out that as the V6 was only in the Bravo for a relative short period of time no-one had made a snorkel for it (airbox is on the drivers side not the passenger side as in the diesel and 4cylinder) i got a mandrel bent 3inch stainless steel snorkel fabricated by Raslarr Engineering in Melbourne for substantially less than the price the brand names charge for their ones. Raslarr make custom parts for mainly Nissan patrols including the 4inch stainless snorkels. You have to blike off the factory air intake hole on the airbox (silastic, alloy plate and some rivets) and make a new hole with a 3inch flange pointing through the divers side inner guard (galvanised steel flange is available at any amjor plumbing supply store)
Canopies:
I have a Carryboy Canopy on my Freestyle Cab, my initial quote from Carryboy was $3200 fitted and colorcoded...... being a person who prefers to spend his money on other more fun things..... i found a second hand carryboy canopy in The Trading Post which was the companies old show canopy so had never been ona a vehicle, it was bright red but was color matched in my shed at home, Totals cost, fitted, inlcuding paint and new struts, $737.00 :)

*I love recovering bogged Nissans and Toyotas who earlier gave me ***** about my Mazda*

madazmazda
Here and there

Unread post by madazmazda » December 7th, 2010, 8:40 pm

If anyone is looking for a bullbar i have one for sale. its off my 1999 mazda bravo. Specs are: Steel, ARB, Black, includes blinkers, $700.
I would prefer contact through a message as im rarly on this forum. No. is 0423622591

Cheers Phillip.

madazmazda
Here and there

Unread post by madazmazda » December 28th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Gday guys. i was womdering if anyone has done body lift to their bravo and if so how big and how hard was it?? i was thinking about doing a 3 inch to my bravo and i was also wondering how many blocks i would need??

Cheers guys

4x4playNT
Part of the furniture

Unread post by 4x4playNT » December 30th, 2010, 6:04 pm

I have posted up DIY instructions for this, and included pics. You will need to do a search for it.

Return to “General Mazda”