RFW and 4x4 light issues on Bravo

Mazda Musings
tezranger
Getting to know the place

RFW and 4x4 light issues on Bravo

Unread post by tezranger » November 28th, 2017, 4:51 pm

Hi

Recently bought a 2005 Bravo and the RFW light was stuck on. I was able to disengage manually while laying under the car but as soon as I start it the solenoids click it back in! I have unplugged the electrical connectors to the solenoids and manually shifted the free wheeling hubs out and they stay that way.

I also have no 4x4 light. It looks like the gearbox has been replaced at some stage so I figure there must be some sensors undone somewhere and can see a couple of connectors not in use! Not sure if that is just for a higher grade model or not.

Does anyone know which wires do what? I have searched around online without much success.

Could the RFW issue be related to the gearbox senors or is it likely to be a faulty solenoid or something? Just wondering if it thinks the car is in 4x4 when the plugs are not connected on the gearbox and therefore autmatically engage the hubs?

Any advice greatly appreciated...

Terry

cbd
Here and there

Re: RFW and 4x4 light issues on Bravo

Unread post by cbd » November 29th, 2017, 9:08 pm

G'day terry
I've got s ford but still the same under the skin
viewtopic.php?f=118&t=149427
Is a link for this same type
Regards cbd

tezranger

Unread post by tezranger » November 30th, 2017, 12:33 pm

THanks

tezranger

Unread post by tezranger » December 1st, 2017, 7:32 am

Just an update for future people searching this issue. I have been able to isolate the issue to the disengage solenoid. When I put into 4wd the RFW engages. If I switch the hoses around I can get the RFW to disengage.

Now I just need to find some locally. They are cheap online but 4 weeks wait from Hong Kong or China. Seems to be no local suppliers online.

As for the 4x4 issue I mentioned it obviously works but no light on the dash. Could be the bulb I guess. Next job!

Return to “General Mazda”