What will help b2500 diesel turbo lag issues?

Mazda Musings
816brd
Here and there

What will help b2500 diesel turbo lag issues?

Unread post by 816brd » December 30th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Ive got a freestyle turbo diesel bravo 4wd. Ive had it for about 5 years now and have just recently started towing a tandem trailer for my business. i have noticed the turbo is kicking in at 2500 which isnt ideal for towing a trailer full of soil.

i after some advice on what to do. do i get a bigger turbo or are diesel computers the way to go? help needed please.

cheers, matt

Shaker4x4
Need to get out more

Re: What will help b2500 diesel turbo lag issues?

Unread post by Shaker4x4 » December 30th, 2013, 2:44 pm

You must speak to Beudesert Exhausts (mandrel bent pipes) about dump pipe and exhaust upgrade which will help your turbo spool up sooner with more exhaust flow. You should also check your fuel pump pressure is within specifications and clean your injectors, perhaps sonic clean them or replace if necessary. You'll get more power from doing that too. Keep in mind that injector cleaners can not possibly remove baked on carbon and only a diesel fitter with the right equipment remove it. Sometimes you can get away with it, but could be throwing money at it and still need it done properly. A lot of people overlook oxygen sensors too. The only thing left is check compression specs and ensure the air filter has been replaced if needed to ensure the engine can actually breathe. These things might be enough without going high tech on it.

816brd
Here and there

Re: What will help b2500 diesel turbo lag issues?

Unread post by 816brd » December 30th, 2013, 4:59 pm

thanks mate, ill give that a go.

Return to “General Mazda”