Where can I get these Bravo Parts? & Advice on springs?

Mazda Musings
Radebe2k
Getting to know the place

Where can I get these Bravo Parts? & Advice on springs?

Unread post by Radebe2k » December 5th, 2013, 4:30 pm

Just fixed my transfer case, not bad for an IT geek (stretched chain) but found some other nasties along the way, i need to replace the gear shifter boot the one that is built into the shifter retaining ring, or get a couple as the transmission select lever ought to be done at the same time too, i have Mcguyver'ed a boot from rescue tape and BMX inner tubes so far but i'm aware that this isn't along term thing.

Additionally I need the boot\seal that goes from the body to the gear\transmission levers, these seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo to find or even search for, if anyone could point me in the direction of online retailers or somewhere local (Perth). It looks like the original has fully disintegrated, probably not being helped by the fact that it was stretched by the body lift.

...and one final piece, i have noticed that the rear springs are quite flat and not as curves as i have seen others, the hangar is sitting at a 45 degree angle, my concern that the springs are now a little old\weak and not doing the job right, advice please on what to look out for\replace etc.

Ta in advance!
Last edited by Radebe2k on December 6th, 2013, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Re: Where can I get these Bravo Parts? & Advice on springs?

Unread post by chris_stoffa » December 5th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Ebay, Lots of wreckers all over Australia and remember that Ford Couriers are Bravos in Disguise - the Net is your friend

Can't help you with the springs , I have OME replacements, check out a few in caryards or or carparks as a comparison
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

pjb86
Here and there

Unread post by pjb86 » December 5th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Hey mate. I think leafs will flat out after a while. I had my repacked with used springs at peddars. Gave it a little better ride and some more flex. Also depends on what weight your carrying back there. I don't carry heaps of weight. cheers

Radebe2k

Unread post by Radebe2k » December 6th, 2013, 9:47 am

on the subject of wreckers do most here dismantle and part out vehicles as that's what I am generally finding, When i was in the UK and needing bits the wreckers just had cars stacked and you would climb in and undo what you needed, take it to the office where you paid and job was done.

I'm all over google and flea-bay but searching for boots\gaiters\seals isn't really doing the trick and generally coming up with the internal pimp-my-ride stuff, so was wondering if there was a specific title or part number that anyone knew of for this seal\gaiter\boot.

I needed a laugh when I was searching for the transfer chain replacement, I called Ford to get a price, $940 from the Main-Stealer, $335 with express delivery from eBay (Gearbox Masters), the lady I spoke to there nearly had a coronary when I said what the price from Ford was!

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more

Unread post by chris_stoffa » December 6th, 2013, 11:06 am

Unless you go to Pinch-A-Part or similar most wreckers due to OH&S & Insurance reasons will remove the part and charge you accordingly. If you haunt a local wrecker they just might eventually get to know you and tell you to unbolt your own parts.

Don't discount the Ford / Mazda route, sometimes they are your ONLY source and sometimes expectantly they are reasonably priced , just depends or time / travel / cost / CBF factors . Always check with both, I have found quite big differences in price on the same part but they mostly are close.

They also sell their parts to their benefit - ask for a tailshaft centre bearing and they will sell you a complete tailshaft assembly for $1100 :lol: :lol:

Also when asking for parts ask for (example) a disc rotor from a base courier/bravo - don't ask for a 4WD disc rotor or anything to do with 4WD , many of the parts are identical but because they are "4WD" attract a premium particularly at some parts suppliers.

If you have electric windows the Drivers door Control switch is $598 + GST at both :eek: , from a wrecker $100-$120 :) and AFAIK my dual cab version ( 2001-2004 ) is the only vehicle in Australia to use that particular one.

A little trick with parts - don't only search by name / description of parts - get a Part number if you can either off the part itself or from Ford/Mazda and then google it - its amazing how many parts are used in other vehicles. That can make your search at a wreckers a whole lot easier when you only have to find a Mazda 3/6/9 or even a Kia or some other make all together to find a common component.

Cheers
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Radebe2k

Unread post by Radebe2k » December 6th, 2013, 11:21 am

I thought that I might well have been the OH&S fun police on that one.

I am finding at least 1 boot that looks similar and it's used on the RX amongst others, I have the full repair manual for the ranger\drifter which is the same car just another name again, but it's all the same underneath. I have the exact diagram I need with the boots I want but no part numbers which is a real arse, but great for finding what torque i need to do the bolts up to! I'll look on what's left of the current gaiters to see if there' s a number left on there.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more

Unread post by chris_stoffa » December 6th, 2013, 12:46 pm

if anywhere it will be on the bottom flange with the bolt holes in it
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Radebe2k

Unread post by Radebe2k » December 6th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Got the part numbers from Mazda and prices, 398 for the large boots and 70 each for the transfer case boots....yeah, more searching teh interwebs as that's ridiculous!

Targanon
Here and there

Unread post by Targanon » December 12th, 2013, 6:46 am

where did you get your manual from... I think it would be handy to have... one too!

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more

Unread post by chris_stoffa » December 12th, 2013, 7:00 am

Online, ebay $12, it for a Ranger, but its close enough
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Targanon
Here and there

Unread post by Targanon » December 12th, 2013, 6:47 pm

thanks mate I'll go check for it.

Radebe2k

Unread post by Radebe2k » December 13th, 2013, 12:52 am

Manual attached

Return to “General Mazda”