I'm getting Great support for my Foton Tunland!

If you've got model specific Tech questions &/or answers but you're not covered elsewhere, put them in here!
Dmaxqld
Been here a while

Re: I'm getting Great support for my Foton Tunland!

Unread post by Dmaxqld » March 30th, 2018, 9:28 am

DPFs should regenerate every 300-500kms. Suggest you haven’t noticed or don’t have a DPF.

Scantek
Been here a while

Unread post by Scantek » March 30th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Hi
Being a Euro5 compliant build it should have one. I would think.
I had a look under neath and couldn't see one anywhere with all the under body guards.
Then I noticed that there was a Foton DPF for sale on Ebay.
Apparently it is right up near the turbo and it isn't very big. I couldn't see any injector ports on it so I assumed it was part of the exhaust manifold.
If its that close to the turbo maybe it re-gens when under heavy load when the turbo is working hard and the EGT's are up in the high range....

But no I haven't noticed any performance drop or the DPF Re'Gen light come on at all hence why I asked.

Has anyone else noticed a re-gen happening?

cheers

Russ

mack1508
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by mack1508 » April 1st, 2018, 1:54 pm

Hi Russ. Yes mine does the same thing. The DPF you are referring to is that the Diesel Particulate Filter and if so where is it as I have changed my muffler to a high flow one.Regards Phil

Scantek
Been here a while

Unread post by Scantek » April 1st, 2018, 7:50 pm

Hi Phil
I cant actually see it on mine but looking at a picture of an engine on Ebay out of a Tunland, the exhaust does a 90 degree straight after the turbo with a cast iron elbow and the DPF hangs off the end of that with a HD band clamp.
So it would be in the hottest part of the exhaust gas. I cant see any injector on it though.

Link below

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FOTON-TUNLA ... SwnlFaa8GP

Russ

cmar
Avid Poster

Unread post by cmar » April 21st, 2018, 9:53 am

If you can't see pipes and sensors attached that's possibly a close coupled catalytic converter, not a DPF. You don't necessarily need a DPF to comply with Euro 4/5 if the engine is well engineered. My Santa Fe 2.2 R series diesel doesn't have one., yet the mirror image Kia Sorento twin does?
Haven't owned a 2WD since 1982.

Scantek
Been here a while

Unread post by Scantek » April 24th, 2018, 8:57 pm

Hi cmar

Yes that did cross my mind about it being a Cat but it was listed on Ebay as a DPF .
I couldn't see any sensors or injector lines either thats why I asked the question.
I did think you needed a DPF for Euro 4/5 complience though and the dash does have a DPF Re-gen light hence my confusion.

Sorry for taking so long getting back but had an un-planned stay in hospital for a week & a bit after Easter

cheers

Russ

Return to “Other makes”