Isuzu KB40

derrilex
Part of the furniture

Isuzu KB40

Unread post by derrilex » September 16th, 2009, 7:03 pm

Anyone out there got a KB 40. Ive got a 76 mod with an 1800 motor, rodeo bench seat, 9 r's. Its in pretty ratty condition ( cosmetic only ) but I bought it in 1997 with 40 000km genuine. It was used by a glass company to do deliveries to the western suburbs of Brissy before the roads were tar. They bought it new. When I got it the OE 1600 motor was shagged. I paid $ 400.00 for it. I know they are rare as, but any ideas what its worth ??

rml
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by rml » January 17th, 2010, 8:24 pm

hello mate this is rml i own 2 ,1 diesel and 1 petrol very good little 4x4's the petrol i have just bought it came with all original paper work and owners hand book in good condition i will be restoring the petrol because in better cond than diesel parts are very hard to find but they are great 4x4's the petrol is a 1600

derrilex
Part of the furniture

Unread post by derrilex » January 17th, 2010, 9:32 pm

G'day rml, I gave mine to my old man to potter around in. I built an 1800 for it focusing on torque so I used a small port head and twin cam rods, double row chain etc.... Heaps of wheel travel in the front for IFS eh. I'll probably sell it one day, which should be a problem as we keep getting notes stuck on the windscreen asking to buy it !!, but for now its the family ute for all the nasty jobs.

rml
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by rml » January 28th, 2010, 7:57 pm

hello mate good to see you still have your isuzu there great 4x4's you should keep it because they will be a rare 4x4 in years to come

derrilex
Part of the furniture

Unread post by derrilex » January 28th, 2010, 10:25 pm

yup, although it is starting to show its age in the body, only minor rust at the moment. I'm not real keen on the idea of my old man driving it around though, with the ***** brakes, no mod cons etc.. if I had a big shed I would keep it but I think the day is coming pretty soon where it will be sold. I'll let ya know when.

rml
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by rml » February 3rd, 2010, 11:32 am

no worries mate 2 is enough for me when i start to restore mine i will put some photos on and you can have a look cheers rml

redflyer7
I'm new, be nice!

isuzu KB40...........

Unread post by redflyer7 » July 20th, 2010, 8:20 am

I have a KB40 1978 originally, But have installed Three motors in the original body.
1 First was from a KB20 petrol. recorded 600,000kms towing caravan and a lot of 4WD work in bush.
2 reinstalled original motor after rering and bearings o/s clocked in excess of 300,000 kms.
3. Found a KB40 out west in shed. Done a deal with property owner this motor had done 94,000 taken out of service caused through water way in block eaten out with bore water.Reinstalled .Going beautifully. Also installed the free wheel hubs from this onto old faithful.
Still have two motors and several diffs from three utes. Anyone want spare parts give me a bell.

OzLuvTrucker
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by OzLuvTrucker » July 31st, 2010, 3:24 pm

redflyer7 wrote:I have a KB40 1978 originally, But have installed Three motors in the original body.
1 First was from a KB20 petrol. recorded 600,000kms towing caravan and a lot of 4WD work in bush.
2 reinstalled original motor after rering and bearings o/s clocked in excess of 300,000 kms.
3. Found a KB40 out west in shed. Done a deal with property owner this motor had done 94,000 taken out of service caused through water way in block eaten out with bore water.Reinstalled .Going beautifully. Also installed the free wheel hubs from this onto old faithful.
Still have two motors and several diffs from three utes. Anyone want spare parts give me a bell.
Where are you located? Im a Isuzu enthusiast and collect parts to keep my Chevy Luv on the road.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cuzza
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Cuzza » August 6th, 2010, 11:16 pm

Hey I'm new to the world of 4x4s and looking at getting a MU.. Problem is I really have no idea about them. Can someone please let me know about which year etc to look at, their general reliability/fuel cost/ engine/ trans/ strong points and low points...

I know I shouldn't say it but it wont get a whole bunch of off road use as I'm stuck in the city mostly.. but Im looking at trucks and think itd be pretty awesome to be driving a black mu raised up with black rims etc.

I have max 10k to spend, how good quality etc could I get?

Any feed back at all would be very much appreciated :D

VANDERBRO
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by VANDERBRO » August 23rd, 2010, 8:36 pm

Got 2 sittin in my back yard. One petty used to be my daily and a diesel one i bought for parts. Probably put one back on the road one day. Great little trucks. Cheap to run. Till you need to find parts!

derrilex
Part of the furniture

Unread post by derrilex » August 24th, 2010, 6:42 am

Hi guys. Just to let you know, my kb40 will more than likely be on the market in the next 3 months. It has 112 000 km has been used offroad twice in the 13 years I have owned it. It has minor rust in the lower guards and crap paint/surface rust over most of it. It has a gemini steering wheel and a TF rodeo bench seat. The motor is perfect. I'll post some pics over the next few days, but I'm not rushing - just putting the word out.

N.E.R.D
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by N.E.R.D » August 26th, 2010, 8:50 pm

derrilex wrote:Hi guys. Just to let you know, my kb40 will more than likely be on the market in the next 3 months. It has 112 000 km has been used offroad twice in the 13 years I have owned it. It has minor rust in the lower guards and crap paint/surface rust over most of it. It has a gemini steering wheel and a TF rodeo bench seat. The motor is perfect. I'll post some pics over the next few days, but I'm not rushing - just putting the word out.
i had a 1980 kb 40 for my first car spent 9 months repairind it full rust reno wheni was 15/16.
im after another one for aproject at some stage, price depending as ive got a lot of hobbies already, but if the righ tone came up ide be keen. ide prefer one with the orig style side tray ( mine had one when i got it but it was too far gone so i know my chances are slim).
send me an email when your thinkin gof etting rid of urs with details n prices and location. im on teh southside of brisbane.

Thanks
Andrew

Return to “General Isuzu”