Got a new Mu-x? What accessories are available?

mux about
I'm new, be nice!

Got a new Mu-x? What accessories are available?

Unread post by mux about » March 4th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Hi all,
Anyone got the new Isuzu Mu-x? Just picked up the base model (LS-M) and wondering if anyone has managed to pick up any accessories yet (ie. bulbar, snorkel, roofrack). Everyone I speak to think they'll be here soon but not sure when.
Took it for a spin in the bush on the weekend and very happy so far with the performance.
If anyone has just got one it will be good to share thoughts.
Cheers

Doddles
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Got a new Mu-x? What accessories are available?

Unread post by Doddles » April 3rd, 2014, 7:21 am

I had the snorkel, bullbar & towbar factory fitted. Noone does roof racks yet but if we keep hassling Thule etc they will get there! ARB may have a bullbar as they developed a compliant one for the DMax - seems to stick out a fair bit though.
Taking mine bush this weekend - should be intersting given the weather lately - doing the powerlines around CLarence and that means there will be a stack of slippery clay and deep puddles

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » April 3rd, 2014, 9:49 am

Doddles
have you got out your spanners and checked ALL the bolts on the bullbar and towbar brackets OR just trusting they are tight?

Did they spray some "body wax" to seal corrosion out of the bolt threads or use grease or anti seize on the bolt threads when fitting?

If not, it's a good idea to add some rust and corrosion protection when you check the bolts.

Cheers
mydmax

Doddles
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Doddles » April 3rd, 2014, 3:51 pm

It's a trust :crazy: thing at the moment - I haven't even popped the bonnet since picking it up a month ago - was overseas for 2 weeks and flat out ever since. Will be poking around tomorrow night and creating my 1st service warranty list

Return to “General Isuzu”