Show us your dmax

The new ute
mydmax
Need to get out more

Re: Show us your dmax

Unread post by mydmax » November 8th, 2013, 7:48 am

Firstly, he is talking about the passenger seat activating belt warning when no one is in the seat.
It isn't a sensor in either the seat or the belt buckle but a switch.

The RHF won't be affected by the LHS seat doing anything.
The airbag system isn't even related to the seat system. Airbags will activate if you hit something .

Not sure how the RH seat became included as it isn't connected to the LHS at all.

The no triggering with one load of grog but does trigger with two or more, isn't rocket science, all it means is the switch isn't changing it's sate with a small weight because the compression and deflection of the seat base hasn't moved enough.

Nothing wrong with keeping the belt clipped in though.
I must look at the seat belt retractor and see if it really does have pre tensioners fitted. There will be two wires to the unit to fire the gas charge to pre tension if it has it at all and that too is controlled by the airbag system if happening.
The alteration proposed removes the warning aspect which is annoying but doesn't alter the vehicle safety aspect.
Last edited by mydmax on November 9th, 2013, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

knoath05
Been here a while

Unread post by knoath05 » November 8th, 2013, 10:00 pm

Put ya grog on the back seat?

tombj42
Here and there

Unread post by tombj42 » November 9th, 2013, 3:35 pm

mydmax
I've been working on yankee cars lately, wrong side drive. i meant LHF. the front seats in a new Dmax have pretensioners in the female part of the bucket. in an accident stuff happens and it moves downward in relation to the seat base. this pulls the belt tighter across your body, restraining you in the seat better. After an accident, every seat belt mechanism that was occupied at the time of the accident must be replaced, including the female part of the mechanism, and the belt itself. It is not customary to replace seat belt mechanisms in seats that were not occupied. Therefore a logical deduction is that the pretensioners are only fired when the seat is occupied. Any alteration to the warning light system could therefore affect the operation of the pretensioner.
2012 DMAX LSU space cab. XROX bar, 4"lift, 285/75r16.

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » November 9th, 2013, 5:06 pm

If that is the case then the grog will be saved if you buckle it in and not have it just sit on the seat.

Gotta keep up your fluids.

Christo72
Been here a while

Unread post by Christo72 » November 12th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Hi all, just got my new D-max LS-M, so far I love it. Can't wait to get it out on the tracks around my place.

knoath05
Been here a while

Unread post by knoath05 » November 25th, 2013, 4:57 pm

This latest pic of my DMax was taken on the weekend just outside Jamieson.

After travelling from Craigieburn to Tolmie (outside Mansfield) via the Kinglake ranges, she returned an ave of 8.3l/100Ks!
Loving my Dmax!

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Been here a while

Unread post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow » November 26th, 2013, 7:23 am

how good on fuel are they!?

i have mine constantly loaded with tools and gear to around 2500kg and gets 8.8l around town, so goood!
previous:-> 74 KE20 4AGTE, 04 RZN149R, 01 AE112R, 01 KR42R, 84 E30 318i, 67 MINI DELUXE
current:-> 06 BF XR6T, MY13 ISUZU D-MAX LS-M 4X4

knoath05
Been here a while

Unread post by knoath05 » November 26th, 2013, 7:57 am

Need a like button!

Reaper_247
Been here a while

Unread post by Reaper_247 » December 2nd, 2013, 8:57 pm

Just fitted a snorkel to mine.
Ended up going with a TJM one as they looked the best and seemed to follow the lines of the car better.
When you are dead, you don't know that your dead, it is difficult only for the others - It is the same when you are stupid!

reeceh
Here and there

Unread post by reeceh » December 3rd, 2013, 6:30 pm

so this is my dmax.

Courtesy of 4wdaction. Absolutely love it. Havent had the chance to put up a pic cause ive been out and about in it every weekend. So far ive got a tjm winch bullbar, tjm snorkel, arb rear step towbar and some tint. Next week it goes to my mate at flexiglass for a premium colour matched canopy.

As you can see in this pic at bribie island ive pulled the factory sidesteps off. I actually damaged them while on an outing with the 4wdaction boys at north stradbroke. Hopefully it will featire in a article in the new year which would be awesome.

Future plans are some rear draws with a full dual battery 12 v and solar setup. A 2 inch lift kit. Some bigger tyres and a few other things. It will be setup as a tourer.

I still cant thank the guys at 4wd action enough. We are very very lucky and are absolutely stoked with it. Def an upgrade on the sierra.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

undi65
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by undi65 » December 3rd, 2013, 6:42 pm

Hi everyone. Just picked up my new Dmax on Friday. Still have not had a chance to hook the boat up with it yet but its gotta be better than my Xtrail:) Looking forward to getting some add ons for it as I go. Love looking at everyones pics to get ideas from.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

knoath05
Been here a while

Unread post by knoath05 » December 4th, 2013, 5:56 pm

Latest upgrade to my DMax, Maxine.

Snorkel fitted, now to get some steel rims for my BFGoodrich A/T's!

BMS
Been here a while

Unread post by BMS » December 5th, 2013, 11:47 pm

Ours is a 2013 manual LSU with a few extras, Dobbies bar, 16x8 ROH rims ,265/75/16 BFG's, Monster Rides front struts, Canopy, UHF and few few things I've most likely missed.

Clicky on link to check it out as I'm to lazy to put the pics up here .. http://www.newd-max.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=343

Als008
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Als008 » December 6th, 2013, 6:26 pm

Well after a long wait its finally here. My new Black MAX LS-U Auto running on 20's.
Still torn between which bulbar to get. Dobinson Falcon or XROX??

As it was at the dealership

Home sweet home
Don't think ill keep the 20's so if anyone's interested let me know...
'97 NK Pajero GLX 2800 TD, 5speed.
Mods: TBA

tombj42
Here and there

Unread post by tombj42 » December 7th, 2013, 12:08 am

The Xrox and the Dobinson serve different purposes. If you want actual protection, then don't even bother looking at the Xrox. The Xrox gives a great approach angle, and awesome "LOOK AT ME" points, but is about as useful and strong as the standard bumper.
2012 DMAX LSU space cab. XROX bar, 4"lift, 285/75r16.

Return to “DMax”