Show us your dmax

The new ute
crawla
Part of the furniture

Show us your dmax

Unread post by crawla » December 13th, 2009, 10:12 pm

Start loading up your pics!
Isuzu DMAX......bog stock and now the underdog always ready to do battle!

Jayro11
Avid Poster

Unread post by Jayro11 » December 14th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Here is my Dmax. 6 weeks old and I absolutely love it. Mods so far are OME 2 inch lift, snorkel, Advanti Rims with 265/75/16 Cooper ST's. Replaced back muffler with straight through muffler. Barwork to come, hopefully by end of January.

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... gemail.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jayro11
Avid Poster

Unread post by Jayro11 » December 14th, 2009, 9:19 pm

My Dmax
OME 2inch lift Advanti Rims with 265/7516 Cooper ST, Snorkel and replaced rear muffler with straight through muffler.

Wish list: Front Bar, front air locker, winch, spotties.

Very capable off road. Love it.

crawla
Part of the furniture

Unread post by crawla » December 17th, 2009, 7:31 pm

nice rig angieg, wheels look great. Out of interest have you experienced any problems with resonance noise between certain rpm's since the snorkel was fitted?. From what I have heard so far I am not intending to get one. Cheers mate.

Jayro11
Avid Poster

Unread post by Jayro11 » December 17th, 2009, 10:38 pm

Yes when I got it done, it was terrible. Really loud at about 2500rpm. Took it back and they fixed it. If you listen really hard you can just hear it now but with engine / road / radio noise, you would be pretty pedantic to whinge about it.

Stoked with the wheels. When the suspension was done, I was bummed because it didnt really look that much different but the wheels and tyres really set it off. Have done a bit of offroad in it and cant fault it, great bit of gear.

Cheers

crawla
Part of the furniture

Unread post by crawla » December 19th, 2009, 8:03 pm

Sounds good angieg, ours will stay stock for a while but good to know about the snorkel. Want to get macquarie 4x4s sliders and a rear locker first. Had a look at the limited edition the other day, not what we're after with the lockable lid (dogs) but you should see the pearl paint finish!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful colour, great looking truck.

Jayro11
Avid Poster

Unread post by Jayro11 » December 20th, 2009, 10:18 pm

crawla wrote:Sounds good angieg, ours will stay stock for a while but good to know about the snorkel. Want to get macquarie 4x4s sliders and a rear locker first. Had a look at the limited edition the other day, not what we're after with the lockable lid (dogs) but you should see the pearl paint finish!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful colour, great looking truck.
Yeah I read about it the paper about a month back. Only releasing 125 so it will be a genuine limited edition. I would be too scared to use it, you should see the scratches on mine already. Spoken to a few people who say the LSD in these are great. I am looking at putting a locker in the front as the LSD are supposed to be very capable. Had it out and about in some of the tracks here and have been amazed at some of the places it has gone even without lockers. Very good truck in standard form. Post some updates as you get mods done. (especially the sliders).

Cheers

Angie

truclr
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by truclr » December 21st, 2009, 10:02 am

hi Angieg, was just wondering if you have had any probs with the 265 75 r16s was thinking of putting them on my new truck but i had 255 70 16s on my old ra rodeo and they where real close sometimes even scraping? when i get a chance i will put some photos of the truck up...

Cheers

John.

Jayro11
Avid Poster

Unread post by Jayro11 » December 21st, 2009, 10:11 am

truclr wrote:hi Angieg, was just wondering if you have had any probs with the 265 75 r16s was thinking of putting them on my new truck but i had 255 70 16s on my old ra rodeo and they where real close sometimes even scraping? when i get a chance i will put some photos of the truck up...

Cheers

John.

Only really minor scrubbing on the front at the rear of the wheel. Once I get a day off I will get in and modify the inner guard with a heat gun. It is only marginal and wont take much to fix. I have a tray on the back that I lifted 2" so that the back tyres wouldnt rub so much when it was flexing. I have a 2" lift which has helped and once I fix the front guards, it will be sweet.

Like I said it is only minor rubbing and in time would probably stop as it would wear the guard down the 10 mm it needs to so the rubbing stops.

Definately put the photos up and I will put some up of the clearance at the tray and of the front guards so you can see how much room there is.

Cheers

Angie

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » December 21st, 2009, 6:42 pm

That's a tidy looking ute. I have to say alloys make a car look so much better than any colour sunnies do!

Aaron
angieg wrote:Image

My Dmax
OME 2inch lift Advanti Rims with 265/7516 Cooper ST, Snorkel and replaced rear muffler with straight through muffler.

Wish list: Front Bar, front air locker, winch, spotties.

Very capable off road. Love it.
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

Jayro11
Avid Poster

Unread post by Jayro11 » December 22nd, 2009, 6:22 am

Aaron Schubert wrote:That's a tidy looking ute. I have to say alloys make a car look so much better than any colour sunnies do!

Aaron
Thanks mate. Was going to go the Black Sunnies but saw these and thought I would shell out the extra for them. No regrets, they are worth every cent.

Jayro11
Avid Poster

Unread post by Jayro11 » December 28th, 2009, 4:36 pm

Surely there are more Dmax's out there. Lets get some pics on here. I know they are fairly new but there are more pictures of the great walls on this forum than Dmax's.

crawla
Part of the furniture

Unread post by crawla » December 29th, 2009, 12:05 pm

lol.....not wrong angieg. The sale of our 100 fell through unforunately so no DMAX yet.........took too long at the panel beaters for the original buyer!!! We have 2 potential buyers so fingers crossed ours will be on the thread soon.

PJG
Been here a while

Unread post by PJG » December 29th, 2009, 8:41 pm

I'll have some pics of ours up as soon as it's delivered :)

Ordered on 23rd Dec, and it's in stock - Sterling Silver LS-M. Have to wait for the steel tray to be fitted. Also have ordered ARB b/bar, side steps/rails and snorkel. Barwork isn't likely to be ready until early Feb so we'll probably take the car off the dealer's hands as soon as the tray is fitted, and go to ARB once they have the barwork ready.

We plan to get a canvas canopy eventually, 2" lift and at least a front locker if not dual lockers. Will see how the LSD goes first. For tyres we might just pickup some 2nd hand wheels, fit some decent rubber to it, and keep the original wheels and rubber for daily use.

Now that we've ordered it, I'm getting very impatient :D

Jayro11
Avid Poster

Unread post by Jayro11 » December 29th, 2009, 9:01 pm

PJG wrote:I'll have some pics of ours up as soon as it's delivered :)

Ordered on 23rd Dec, and it's in stock - Sterling Silver LS-M. Have to wait for the steel tray to be fitted. Also have ordered ARB b/bar, side steps/rails and snorkel. Barwork isn't likely to be ready until early Feb so we'll probably take the car off the dealer's hands as soon as the tray is fitted, and go to ARB once they have the barwork ready.

We plan to get a canvas canopy eventually, 2" lift and at least a front locker if not dual lockers. Will see how the LSD goes first. For tyres we might just pickup some 2nd hand wheels, fit some decent rubber to it, and keep the original wheels and rubber for daily use.

Now that we've ordered it, I'm getting very impatient :D

I know the feeling, we were told 6 weeks that ended being 9 weeks. LSD goes good in them. Very very happy with how it goes offroad. New suspension and tyres make an already great vehicle exceptional. You will love it.

Angie
Dmax with a TO DO list that is now SHORTER than the DONE list!!!

Return to “DMax”