Any ideas about my Intermittent Rough idle?

The new ute
LagsLux
Been here a while

Any ideas about my Intermittent Rough idle?

Unread post by LagsLux » August 14th, 2018, 7:01 pm

Hi,

So, I have a 2011 model with a 4JJ1 with 150,000 k's on it. It gets an intermittent rough idle whenever it feels like it. The gearstick wobbles, car rocks, and it sound really rattly when driving it. I don't notice any loss of power or any other symptoms other than the rattly noises and knocks. It has been doing it for quite a while now. But then I can turn it off, come back to it, and start it again and it runs like a dream.
I have recently changed out the SCV hoping it had something to do with it, and I have since blocked off the EGR to eliminate that from the system. Eliminating the EGR has helped a lot with the knocking/tappy noises that come with the rough idle but has not stopped the rough idle. I've checked and cleaned all the sensors.
I know rough idle is usually indicative of an injector problem, but as this is only doing it intermittently I am doubting it's an injector?
Any ideas guys?

pedropajero96
Here and there

Re: Any ideas about my Intermittent Rough idle?

Unread post by pedropajero96 » September 13th, 2018, 11:55 am

It would usually point to the EGR, but if you have blocked it off .... dont really know.
I have heard of there being problems blocking off the EGR with it throwing error codes, and i think the fix was to drill a hole in the blanking plate. You would need to investigate this further.
2011 Single Cab Chassis
ARB Bull Bar, Avenger Winch, XRay HIDs,265/70/16 Cooper AT3s,ARB OME HD springs/shockies all round with nominal 2" lift,LR fuel tank, additional 80lt tank under tray,Max Trax,GME UHF Radio,Mobile Booster ariel,GPS and Laptop runni

LagsLux
Been here a while

Unread post by LagsLux » September 13th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Egr delete plate fitted and a resistor put in the maf sensor to stop it throwing fault codes. This has only been done to rule out the egr valve and won't be fitted ling term. I am thinking a vacuum leak possibly?

amtravic1
Been here a while

Unread post by amtravic1 » September 28th, 2018, 5:45 pm

I had a similar problem a while back although the problem was more constant. I had a lack of power and a rattly engine. Turns out some cold night a rat decided to climb up on the engine and had chewed a couple of hoses.

jazzeddie1234
Been here a while

Unread post by jazzeddie1234 » November 15th, 2018, 10:14 am

I had a rough idle which went away sometimes if I restarted, then became more frequent. The local injector guy charged a small fee to whip out the injectors and test them. They were faulty.

Maybe check all your injector connections?
Isuzu Dmax 2014 LSM,
Sports Range bull bar,
12,000lb winch, ome suspension, 135l poly long range tank

Return to “DMax”