Is this Fuel Cut-out on early morning starts?

The new ute
pedropajero96
Here and there

Is this Fuel Cut-out on early morning starts?

Unread post by pedropajero96 » April 30th, 2018, 1:23 pm

220km on the 2011 DMax and no issues til now.
First thing in the morning when you change gear and depress the accellerator it is like you have taken your foot OFF the accellerator, then it eventually catches up til you change gear again. Once the engine has warmed up, the symptom disappears.
This is NOT the usual lag you get with 'fly by wire' accellerators. This is a completely different symptom, best described as above. The motor starts no problem and idles well, just when you depress the accellerator, its like no fuel is being injected, like that sudden feeling you get when you take your foot off the accellerator to coast.
Anyone have any ideas
Malcolm
2011 Single Cab Chassis
ARB Bull Bar, Avenger Winch, XRay HIDs,265/70/16 Cooper AT3s,ARB OME HD springs/shockies all round with nominal 2" lift,LR fuel tank, additional 80lt tank under tray,Max Trax,GME UHF Radio,Mobile Booster ariel,GPS and Laptop runni

Dmaxqld
Been here a while

Re: Is this Fuel Cut-out on early morning starts?

Unread post by Dmaxqld » May 19th, 2018, 11:59 am

Perhaps a faulty Suction Control Valve. Known issue on the model.

ian.gonzo
Here and there

Unread post by ian.gonzo » May 19th, 2018, 3:23 pm

I would be inclined to try changing your fuel filter for a start, sounds like a fuel starvation problem.

pedropajero96
Here and there

Unread post by pedropajero96 » May 26th, 2018, 10:09 am

Just waiting for a genuine Isuzu suction control valve from Thailand ($123 compared to $200 from Isuzu in OZ)
I was going to change the fuel filter at the same time, but thinking about it, if I do both at the same time and it fixes it, I wont know what the problem was.
I'll change the filter today and see what happens. If it clears it, i think I'll still change the SCV and keep the other as a spare The ute has done 220k km. We do a lot of remote travelling having to use various qualities of diesel.
I ll let the forum know the results

pedropajero96
Here and there

Unread post by pedropajero96 » June 8th, 2018, 8:06 pm

Changed the MAF - no change
Changed the throttle sensor/pedal - no change
Changed barometric pressure sensor - no change
Changed sensor on throttle body - no change
Changed fuel filter - no change
All while waiting for new SCV
Plugged in scan gauge and recorded for 5mins first thing in morning and entered all results into a spreadsheet. Plotted a number of PIDs against time but didnt really know what i was looking at, although commanded EGR (EGR_PCT) and EGR error (EGR_ERR) showed quite a difference, with the error ranging from -100 to +100.
Removed EGR and disassembled it, cleaned it, reassembled and installed it again - no change
Ive been letting it warm up for 5-10 mins before using, then the other morning, i got my first DTC - P0401 (EGR flow insufficient) ...... dont know why it hadnt shown before or why it came up now.
Borrowed another EGR and replaced the actuator only as the valve was still clean and moving freely - problem solved ... Whoo Hoo!!
Unfortunately, looks like you cant just buy the actuator, so have ordered a new EGR complete
2011 Single Cab Chassis
ARB Bull Bar, Avenger Winch, XRay HIDs,265/70/16 Cooper AT3s,ARB OME HD springs/shockies all round with nominal 2" lift,LR fuel tank, additional 80lt tank under tray,Max Trax,GME UHF Radio,Mobile Booster ariel,GPS and Laptop runni

Return to “DMax”