Can the ESc be disconnected altogether?

The new ute
mudrun
I'm new, be nice!

Can the ESc be disconnected altogether?

Unread post by mudrun » December 8th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Can esc be disconnected altogether it is on the same circuit as anti petunia stopping so pulling the 30amp fuse does not seem to b an option as i would like to keep abs

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Can the ESc be disconnected altogether?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 11th, 2016, 8:29 am

Generally, things like ABS & ESC are plumbed into the wiring so that they cannot be readily isolated or disabled; so unless your glovebox manual tells you that you can disable the ESC, you are probably stuck with it!!

That said, most 4WD or AWD manufacturers now realise that there are times where some wheelspin is essential to forward movement, & so have allowed & documented a way of disabling the systems that seek to stop ALL wheelspin, at least for a short while or up to a certain speed - that should be detailed in your glovebox manual or on the documentation available on/via the manufacturers website... ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Dmaxqld
Been here a while

Unread post by Dmaxqld » December 11th, 2016, 11:43 am

mudrun, What year model?

hoyks
Avid Poster

Unread post by hoyks » December 11th, 2016, 12:23 pm

Whats the issue with the ESC that makes you want to unplug it?

FJRider
Been here a while

Unread post by FJRider » December 13th, 2016, 10:31 pm

What's wrong with just pushing the button , I know you have to do it every time you restart the motor .

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » December 14th, 2016, 6:31 am

Fit a mini circuit board relay across the wires to the switch, operate the relay momentarily via the starter signal. Each start will turn it off.

Return to “DMax”