Anyone got a 2012 DMax Radio Wiring Diagram? Where to get 1?

The new ute
mattscuda
Getting to know the place

Anyone got a 2012 DMax Radio Wiring Diagram? Where to get 1?

Unread post by mattscuda » November 16th, 2013, 10:48 am

Just wondering if anyone has a wiring diagam for the radio on the current Dmax or know where to get one.

I've bought myself a Kenwood DDX4033BT that has the OEM steering wheel controls and I need to find out which wires go where. I brought a wiring harness plug so i dont need to cut into the original wires and I would like to just be able to wire it all up in the shed properly instead of doing it in the car and using the multimeter to find the correct wires.

Couldn't find much on the forums or in the Colarado section.

Cheers

Matt

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Been here a while

Re: 2012 DMax Radio Wiring Diagram

Unread post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow » November 16th, 2013, 1:44 pm

i couldn't find one so i used a multimeter to find the steering controls, its a two wire system (ground and one signal wire) the resistance values jump a lot when you have your multimeter on ohms across the pair. from memory its quite obvious which they are once you discount all the other wires for speakers, power etc.
previous:-> 74 KE20 4AGTE, 04 RZN149R, 01 AE112R, 01 KR42R, 84 E30 318i, 67 MINI DELUXE
current:-> 06 BF XR6T, MY13 ISUZU D-MAX LS-M 4X4

mattscuda
Getting to know the place

Re: Anyone got a 2012 DMax Radio Wiring Diagram? Where to ge

Unread post by mattscuda » November 18th, 2013, 10:43 pm

Well played around with it today. The wiring harnes i got was really done well. All the wiring colours matched and were labled well. The only thing was 2 wires I didn't bother with was the dimmer and power antenna.

The steering wheel controls I haven't found yet but have an idea on what they are. I might try Isuzu to find out what they can supply and I will post up what i can for anyone else to use.

Return to “DMax”