Thinking of buying a Dmax? Q&A's & any feedback go here!

The new ute
heps
Getting to know the place

Re: Thinking of buying a Dmax? Q&A's & any feedback go here!

Unread post by heps » October 26th, 2014, 10:01 pm

Cant wait to get my new LSM with all the fruit, and cant wait to get rid of my MN Triton had 2 x injector failures and a gear box rebuild all under warranty thankfully, looking forward to the Isuzu ...

Dmaxqld
Been here a while

Unread post by Dmaxqld » October 27th, 2014, 7:36 am

Congrats. Hope you enjoy your Dmax experience as much as I do.

als4b
Here and there

Unread post by als4b » November 17th, 2014, 1:21 pm

Previously I owned a 2003 5le non turbo hilux so any new car is world apart. Fuel economy 8.4 stock 9.4 with Tyres a/c and a heavy foot, so far extremely happy even at this early stage I would buy another

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » November 17th, 2014, 1:52 pm

heps
Your experience with the Mitsu brand is probably why the stats show far far less troubles with a Dmax than other makes.

Isuzu is owned by Mitsubishi but fortunately a separate entity. They seem to like a tad more reliability and quality than other marques too.
Spare parts costs isn't usually an issue because you won't need many spares, only service items.

tommyruff
Here and there

Unread post by tommyruff » November 22nd, 2014, 6:44 pm

mydmax wrote:
Isuzu is owned by Mitsubishi but fortunately a separate entity.
I thought Isuzu's top shareholder is the Mitsubishi Corp with less than 10% but use to be about 15-16% at one time.
Has that changed recently?
I know Toyota Motor Corp use to own about 6%, but I'm not sure about now.

boulder
Here and there

Unread post by boulder » November 30th, 2014, 11:28 am

We bought two 2014 isuzu dmax dual cabs, one has 8000ks and has broken down 3 times so far with fuel sensor problems very frustrating and without a diagnostic machine can't fix or reset in the bush!! Glad we were not in the Simpson.
The other ute has 5000ks on it and goes in next week for a new main seal as it is leaking oil.
Wish i would have kept the 80 series now!!

Dmaxqld
Been here a while

Unread post by Dmaxqld » November 30th, 2014, 12:05 pm

Can reset codes with a $20 bluetooth OBD dongle and Android phone with $20 app. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

hermeneutist
Here and there

Unread post by hermeneutist » December 4th, 2014, 7:50 pm

I've just bought a 2015 LS-M, delivery next week some time. Might be taking it from Brisbane to Sydney area and back over Christmas - what does the owner's manual say about breaking in the vehicle?

I have one of its grand parents for sale, if anyone's interested (2000 Rodeo dual cab). Hope I get 14 years out of the new one!

boulder
Here and there

Unread post by boulder » December 5th, 2014, 10:36 am

hermeneutist wrote:I've just bought a 2015 LS-M, delivery next week some time. Might be taking it from Brisbane to Sydney area and back over Christmas - what does the owner's manual say about breaking in the vehicle?

I have one of its grand parents for sale, if anyone's interested (2000 Rodeo dual cab). Hope I get 14 years out of the new one!

I spoke to dealer when we picked ours up and he said that the engines where bench run and only the gearbox need running in.
He told us to drive it normally for the first 1000ks and not to over rev it, ours are Auto.
The gearbox oil and diff oil get changed at 10,000 service and engine oil at 20,000.
I hope you enjoy your new ute and get 14 years from this one to.

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » December 5th, 2014, 4:07 pm

.Hermeneutist
It can't possibly be a '15 if it isn't made in '15. No way.

Although dealers claim it is the '15 model unless made AND plated in '15 it is definitely a '14 model :boggle:

It may happen to be the same specs as the soon to be produced '15 models but it can't be a '15 until after January 1st '15.

A model claimed as a '15 model will always be seen as a '14 by any car dealer or motor trader and the value of it is according to that fact.

Rodnic
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Rodnic » December 5th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Yep, mydmax is correct. I got mine in Sep and it is an MY15. It has a few changes from the MY14 (change in position of oil filter, different plastic engine cover amongst other things) but as my dealer pointed out it is still a 2014 model

B-Max
Here and there

Unread post by B-Max » December 5th, 2014, 6:43 pm

I placed my order 12 months ago and specified that it MUST be a 2014 build. They tried to get me to take one built in the last week of December but that did not work :lol:

Finally got the new truck in late March with 2014 build :) . Why spend all that money and end up with something that is last years even though it is spec'ed to current.

Might not give you as much bargaining power but resale should be better within the first few years. After about 5 years I don't think it really matters.

FJRider
Been here a while

Unread post by FJRider » December 21st, 2014, 12:30 am

G'day Guys , My SX Space Cab Chassis auto , should be ready in Jan next year , getting ARB GVM upgrade , HD alloy tray ,

Tow Bar , RedArc Tow Pro brake control

I will fit a Winch Bar and Winch thinking about a Xrox bar ,I will be trying to keep weight down as much as possible , the Xrox looks lighter than some of the others , any suggestions of another bar .

Will fit a Diff Lock possibly a E-locker ,

The Hill descent control anyone tried it on really steep tracks , what did you think , I have a auto Hilux atm its good up steep rocky stuff but a PITA down steep tracks , it just runs away .

I would be interested where others have fitted UHF radios and Dual Batteries

Regards Jacko

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » December 21st, 2014, 7:41 am

FJRider
It must be a '14 year of manufacture then!!! Claimed to be as '15 (maybe the same as) but will always be "14 in the eyes of any dealer.

FJRider
Been here a while

Unread post by FJRider » December 21st, 2014, 8:56 am

Yeah that's right , that's not what I asked

Return to “DMax”