2012 DMAX

The new ute
Reaper_247
Been here a while

Re: 2012 DMAX

Unread post by Reaper_247 » July 7th, 2013, 6:35 pm

I am pretty sure SSBB has changed his in another thread if I remember.
When you are dead, you don't know that your dead, it is difficult only for the others - It is the same when you are stupid!

Reaper_247
Been here a while

Unread post by Reaper_247 » July 7th, 2013, 6:36 pm

Has anyone used carling switches in the factory switch cavities as yet?
If so did they fit OK?
When you are dead, you don't know that your dead, it is difficult only for the others - It is the same when you are stupid!

frewcha
Been here a while

Unread post by frewcha » July 7th, 2013, 6:53 pm

yeah right, may have to give him a pm,

also interested in that reaper! dont beleive they fit as the clips on the factory swithes are set pretty far back compared to a carling switch, im planning on getting a switch holder and moulding it to the little glovebox of sorts on the drivers side for the lights when i do them....

mimmo_gsr
Been here a while

Unread post by mimmo_gsr » July 9th, 2013, 4:42 pm

Reaper_247

You can fit Carling Switches, they just need a small modification to make them fit :D

Carling Switch next to switch blank

You need to run a soldering iron along the seams to weld it together and you can use a cable tie as a filler rod to add some extra strength.

After this you can cut off all the tabs and clips and file the sides down so they are smooth. It will be a tight fit inside the switch blanks and the swtich may require some further fine tuning with the file to make it fit.

Mimmo :thumb:

knoath05
Been here a while

Unread post by knoath05 » August 27th, 2013, 1:03 pm

New here fellas, I'm looking at the new D-Max, went to the 4x4 show in Melbourne and I'm almost sold on the "Tour mate" special edition.
Basically, it's an LS-U 4x4 Auto crew cab with steel canopy with lift up side windows, under rail tub liner, bonnet protector, 4 window weather shields, tow bar and the side steps... comes with the now standard 5 year/130,000km Aus wide warranty with roadside assist for $47,490 drive away.
Now I reckon that's a pretty good deal.
I'm reading about the servicing and learning a lot, so thanks to everyone's honest opinions on things.
If I do get one, it'll be my first new car, my second 4x4 (I have a 2002 Mitsi Challenger, done one off road trip up the high country and loved it).
We are after a family tourer to get the kids out into the best country in the world and see some great places, create some memories for them before they grow up and hate being with us!!! :lol:
I'm looking at an MCC4x4 bullbar to color code and I might see if I can get Isuzu to throw in a fitted snorkel too! :D

I have a Q about the TCS though... will it work similar to a rear LSD??? I can't find any info on how the hill descent/ascent will work... does the auto converter lock work in all gears?

I hope this is the vehicle that will get us out to the Flinders Ranges etc... we've been invited to Cape York in 2015! Will I need a front lokka?

Cheers,
Dick

knoath05
Been here a while

Unread post by knoath05 » August 28th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Can anyone tell me if the front diff on the 2013 D-Max is controlled by the TCS as in the rear?
I went to 4wdAction Ute of the year on youtube and saw a D-Max with one front wheel well in the air and spinning, but the grounded wheel was driving with plenty of traction... is it a locked diff when in 4L and 1st?
The more I read about these trucks the more I'm liking it.

Found this on the CarsGuide webpage:
" Goes almost anywhere offroad spoiled only by the stability control system that can't be turned off in 4H."
Has anyone experienced this? Is it an issue?

Sorry for all the Q's, but I would like as much info from you guys who drive them as I can get, as the dealers I've spoken to are all doughy eyed and too busy thinking about lunch to care!

Cheers.

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » August 28th, 2013, 7:01 pm

knoath05
i don't own one and haven't driven one either, but, the TCS isn't dependent on the diff or rather the diff isn't dependent on the TCS.
A TCS is only the ABS system working in a reverse manner.
Instead of the wheel slowing more than others causing ABS action to not lock it, a TCS system reads if the wheel is going a certain % faster than the opposite wheel, and then slows it by running the ABS motor to make brake pressure, which is fed to the brake on that wheel only, so only that wheel brakes and some of the energy/torque is fed, by differential action, to the other side.

This mean one wheel is sort of turning and the other three definitely turning with power to give forward movement.

Thats' what it tries to do. How successful it is depends on how it is programmed to react ie sensitivity and wheel /tyre grip and general conditions and also the nut behind the wheel, the wheel which has no ABS or TCS or power input control.

Cheers
mydmax

Reaper_247
Been here a while

Unread post by Reaper_247 » August 28th, 2013, 7:30 pm

knoath05 this is one of the best quick videos showing you what it does.

2012 Isuzu TCS

knoath05
Been here a while

Unread post by knoath05 » August 28th, 2013, 9:15 pm

@MYDMAX... had a chuckle RE the nut behind the wheel... d'ya know me? lol

Reaper, thank you... very clear now.

Seems like an amazing bit of kit this new D-Max...

Hadz Dmax
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Hadz Dmax » July 27th, 2018, 5:00 am

Oigle - re your postfrom 9 Oct 2012

I have a question - would an 01/2012 transfer case fit on a 2009 Isuzu Dmax auto?

Return to “DMax”