View topic - 2011 dmax temp gauge

2011 dmax temp gauge

The new ute
I'm new, be nice!

2011 dmax temp gauge

Hi
I have a 2011 3lt TD

Just wondering whether anybodies temp gauge moves around on slight inclines in the heat of the day. The gauge moves from slightly under half to over half. Temp goes up to about 102 degrees. Is this normal.

By the way not the only problem have had turbo problems, lack of power and heavy on fuel, isuzu reckons nothing wrong, not happy will be getting rid of it, gone down hill since my 2007 Ra rodeo TD. Had 300,000 on it no problem

Cheers Chris

Unread postby hairydog1080 » December 16th, 2011, 6:40 pm

Need to get out more

Re: 2011 dmax temp gauge

How many km have you travelled. It is still under warranty. Don't take dealer word for it. Complain directly to ISUZU Queensland and when you make contact outline how the problem is still present and the dealer is basically refusing to investigate. You should get some satisfaction when you send a detailed email describing ALL your problems, both vehicle and dealer.
Keep at it, by the sound of it you definitely have a problem. Their electronic fault diagnosis equipment should find it and is required.

Regards
mydmax

Unread postby mydmax » December 16th, 2011, 8:53 pm

Here and there

hairydog1080 wrote:Hi
I have a 2011 3lt TD

Just wondering whether anybodies temp gauge moves around on slight inclines in the heat of the day. The gauge moves from slightly under half to over half. Temp goes up to about 102 degrees. Is this normal.

By the way not the only problem have had turbo problems, lack of power and heavy on fuel, isuzu reckons nothing wrong, not happy will be getting rid of it, gone down hill since my 2007 Ra rodeo TD. Had 300,000 on it no problem

Cheers Chris

How can it have turbo problems but Isuzu won't recognize it, is the turbo problem your own diagnosis? Also yes that's running hot, mine working hard towing a boat in soft sand rarely goes above 90.

Unread postby nonzero » December 17th, 2011, 2:34 pm

I'm new, be nice!

took ute to dealer after poor performance they agreed under power played with turbo fully opening the vains in the turbo and closing them 3 times, got better isuzu head tech from brisbane looked at it said it is within there perameters end of story, this ute (manual) struggles to tow box trailer with quad in it still. as for getting hot can run fine up and down hills with nothing in it all day and will be fine then next day do the same and it gets hot. The head tech for isuzu had an answer for everything but not real keen on getting it fixed. I am trading in on ford ranger now by far better performance and torque

Unread postby hairydog1080 » December 18th, 2011, 5:48 pm

Need to get out more

Sounds like Isuzu have a number of issues relating to service and recognition of warranty. They say they are trying to build a good network but have a long way to go if they can't fix relatively small problems like yours quickly and efficiently. Perhaps that is why the new Head man is here in Oz. He has a tech background.
When dealing with the Tech head they sent, ask for what the parameters are and get them to show you how yours is complying with their specs. Unless you see it too it is only their word they want you to believe.
These vehicle will tow over 2 ton no problems. After all towing is one of their main selling points.
mydmax

Unread postby mydmax » December 19th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Return to DMax