Why are the compressors for my Diff lockers misbehaving?!

The new ute
pedropajero96
Here and there

Why are the compressors for my Diff lockers misbehaving?!

Unread post by pedropajero96 » May 7th, 2019, 11:11 am

I have a 2011 cabchassis and had ARB air lockers installed front and rear just after j bought it new.
On my first long trip the compressor came on and off on while the rear one was engaged. Over the years this occurrence was sparodic, but predominantly got worse to the extent i have had 2 pinion seals replaced over the years. I took it back to ARB after my first long trip and they said it was ok .... maybe just one of those times it wasn't playing up. It eventually got to the point the compressor was on all the time the rear was engaged. I lived with it for years but recently had all the ARB innards replaced. It worked fine when i tested it and maybe the firts and second times i used, but is again showing the same symptoms.
Has anyone else had ARB lockers installed and have you had any similar problems. ARBs reply is to bring it in and we wil, have a look at it .... all i can see is $$$$ in front of me for something that didn't work shortly after being installed.
Any suggestions as to why it is happening.I have confirmed the air leak is in the diff by putting the breather tube in a glass of water and turning the locker on.
2011 Single Cab Chassis
ARB Bull Bar, Avenger Winch, XRay HIDs,265/70/16 Cooper AT3s,ARB OME HD springs/shockies all round with nominal 2" lift,LR fuel tank, additional 80lt tank under tray,Max Trax,GME UHF Radio,Mobile Booster ariel,GPS and Laptop runni

Return to “DMax”