Where is the MIL Throttle position sensor?

All your Isuzu Tech questions & answers
pedropajero96
Here and there

Where is the MIL Throttle position sensor?

Unread post by pedropajero96 » November 7th, 2016, 11:17 am

I have had the Engine warning light come on now half a dozen times or more now and it is always the Throttle Sensor Position error. (P0122?)
I bought an eBay scan gauge to travel with, and have just cleared yet again, but it now starts to reappear soon after.
Can anyone tell me where the sensor is located, as it is maybe time to replace it ..... assuming that is the culprit
2011 Single Cab Chassis
ARB Bull Bar, Avenger Winch, XRay HIDs,265/70/16 Cooper AT3s,ARB OME HD springs/shockies all round with nominal 2" lift,LR fuel tank, additional 80lt tank under tray,Max Trax,GME UHF Radio,Mobile Booster ariel,GPS and Laptop runni

mydmax
Need to get out more

Re: Where is the MIL Throttle position sensor?

Unread post by mydmax » November 7th, 2016, 7:31 pm

The TPS is a resistance/carbon track device mounted on the throttle butterfly shaft because it must detect the amount of angle change/opening of the throttle.

Possibly it is dirty inside OR if lots of km on the speedo the carbon track may have worn in the one spot ie, normal throttle position when running.
Therefore it can be replaced or if out and about, it may be able to have it's cover removed and the contact wiper arm inside can be very carefully bent sideways slightly so the wiper tip runs on an unworn section of the carbon track.
If you do that and all works without any codes popping up you will have proved it is the TPS.
PS. any carbon track inspection should be done with a very high magnification viewer so you can see the fault and perform any adjustment.

pedropajero96
Here and there

Unread post by pedropajero96 » November 8th, 2016, 3:50 pm

I think i have fixed it. I'll give it a run tomorrow and confirm
I had to replace all the glowplugs the other week (car wouldnt start in the morning when we were in Guyra ..... too cold!)
And i just noticed i hadnt pushed home the TSP connector.
Cleared the codes and started up with no more error code. A longer run will see if this was the problem
2011 Single Cab Chassis
ARB Bull Bar, Avenger Winch, XRay HIDs,265/70/16 Cooper AT3s,ARB OME HD springs/shockies all round with nominal 2" lift,LR fuel tank, additional 80lt tank under tray,Max Trax,GME UHF Radio,Mobile Booster ariel,GPS and Laptop runni

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » November 8th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Ah, I see! It is usually best if all intended connections to the ECU are complete. Intermittent will cause grief on any vehicle.

Return to “Isuzu”