Can I get a camera for my MU-X?

All your Isuzu Tech questions & answers
Muddy-845
I'm new, be nice!

Can I get a camera for my MU-X?

Unread post by Muddy-845 » May 28th, 2014, 3:55 pm

Does anyone know if I can get a plug-in camera for the front of my MU-X and how to fit it?
It is mentioned as an option in the manual and once fitted can be selected from the dash screen.
I have also asked the dealer and although they didn't know they will look into it for me.
Muddy-845
Perth, Western Australia

mydmax
Need to get out more

Re: MU-X

Unread post by mydmax » May 28th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Muddy
I haven't seen one but it would be logical if, the screen has an extra input, then it would be relatively easily accessed to connect the additional camera.
Many systems use either their own connectors or proprietary connectors for power and video.
Therefore, you may be able to spot the wires and take a picture of them under the dash, if found, and a camera from Jaycar may be able to be used in the font of the vehicle somewhere.
Only two wires/plugs is required usually.

Usually positioned with a bias to the LHS so the proximity to other vehicles when turning into parking can be observed.

It isn't good the dealer doesn't know about the features the vehicle has. They only sell them I know.

It seems no one in dealers reads the manuals for the vehicles. Shame really, if they did, they could be a very good source of information.

PS, Welcome to the forum.
Cheers
mydmax

Muddy-845
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Can I get a camera for my MU-X?

Unread post by Muddy-845 » May 31st, 2014, 11:49 am

Thanks for the feedback Mydmax, I figured as much. I've only had the MU-X a week but intend to start looking into its nooks and crannies this weekend.

Thanks for the welcome.
Muddy-845
Perth, Western Australia

hudsb
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Can I get a camera for my MU-X?

Unread post by hudsb » March 3rd, 2015, 6:21 pm

Muddy-845 wrote:Does anyone know if I can get a plug-in camera for the front of my MU-X and how to fit it?
It is mentioned as an option in the manual and once fitted can be selected from the dash screen.
I have also asked the dealer and although they didn't know they will look into it for me.
Hi muddy I am not certain if you mean a front facing camera for recording or a reverse camera. I have a MU-X LSU and I have just made arrangements to fit a reverse and also a reversing camera.I have carried over a 7 inch monitor with three av ports from my previous vehicle which will run my van camera and a new eyeball camera for the Isuzu. I am placing the monitor in the front of the dash in the storage holder. I am also leaving the cover on which will shade the screen.I have had the camera system for the van for four years and have just purchased the eyeball camera from Elinz for $ 55 and the older system cost $ 170.
Cheer,, Brian

Return to “Isuzu”