Where can I get Repair/Servicing Manual for my Terios?

That's who!
Shanpar
I'm new, be nice!

Where can I get Repair/Servicing Manual for my Terios?

Unread post by Shanpar » May 24th, 2013, 10:31 am

I have a Daihatsu Terios 1997 DX, I've had it for nearly ten years now and it's starting to have some wear. For example one of the windows is nearly off its carrier and my front left speaker crackles.

I have searched and can't find a repair/servicing manual for it (in this country) - I'm looking for suggestions about where to search.

Thanks
s :-)

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Where can I get Repair/Servicing Manual for my Terios?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 26th, 2013, 3:25 pm

A lot of Daihatsu stuff is still available thru Toyota dealers, but I would sit down before asking them for a price, IF they have a manual for your vehicle!! But there is a heap of stuff on-line for Daihatsu's, check this site out for starters: http://en.daihatsu-club.net/manuals.php?ddlb_model=26

Then there are these:

http://www.workshopservicemanual.com/m0 ... -1999.html
http://car-service-manuals.com/catalog/daihatsu/terios
http://www.gobookee.net/terios-workshop-manual/

not all Australia, but who cares where an e-book comes from, just so long as it's for the right model! :)

Good Luck!
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

AustWanderer
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by AustWanderer » December 4th, 2013, 8:10 am

Hi

I am new to this forum but have already made use of the links above ... THANKS !! :)

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a parts breakdown for a 97 Terios ?
I have an oil leak at the rear of the engine (leaking onto the manual gearbox) and would like to know what gaskets/seals are in the area.

Thanks

Bruce

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 4th, 2013, 9:54 am

Leaking out of the back of the engine, or leaking ON to the top of the manual gearbox??

If the leak is coming out of the back of the engine/front of the bell housing, it could be either the rear main crank seal on the engine or the front input shaft seal on the gearbox - both will need the gearbox out to replace, and while it's out, if you've done much more than say 100,000 km on the clutch in there, it's probably worthwhile replacing the clutch plate, clutch cover, spigot bearing, & thrust bearing while it's out - not necessarily essential, you might get away with it, but disturbing these things at this stage of their lives has been known to make them fail in the near future, and it's a pain to hafta take the gearbox out again soon after you've just put it back!!

If the leak is showing up on the top of the bell housing at the rear of the engine, it is more likely to be something like the rocker cover, the breather/PCV or whatever valve on the top of the rocker cover, or depending on where the distributor is on that engine (the bigger 1600 engines have the distributor sticking out the back of the engine above the bell housing) it could be the 'O' ring or gasket on the distributor shaft that's leaking & letting oil run down onto the bell housing. There is a little 'dimple' in the top of the head back there that has a rubber block sitting in it that needs to be sealed properly, and often when someone in a hurry puts the rocker cover back, they forget to make sure that block is in the right place &/or sealed properly, so even if the rocker cover gasket is good and it's tightened down properly, the oil will pretty much flow out of the back of the engine onto the bell housing. Right pain, but it can be a common problem, and sometimes an easy fix!
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “General Daihatsu”