Anyone modified their Terios?

That's who!
bigtom
Here and there

Anyone modified their Terios?

Unread post by bigtom » April 11th, 2013, 11:16 am

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has modified their terios, and if so, how? My ex has one and it's quite a good little car, and seeing as we spend a bit of time together for our kid's sakes, I thought it might be fun to toy with it so she can come driving with me/us. Not that it really needs it I guess, the one time I took her to Bribie, she drove straight through where I had just bogged my GW. How embaressment.

Tom

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Anyone modified their Terios?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 11th, 2013, 12:43 pm

I don't have a pic (just spent some time looking) but the vehicle across the road from us has a bit of a lift and runs slightly taller ST tyres - and gets out there often! I don't think they've done much more than the local fire-tracks & trails; the nearby beach runs, ie Goolwa, the Coorong, and the Ocean Beach; the Border Track; & the Flinders etc; but amongst that there's a fair bit of stuff that's not to be sneezed at!! The only real issue they have ever mentioned is the lack of really low gearing and the revvy engine (an auto overcomes that a bit with the torque multiplier effect) but that's pretty much something in common with most of the small petrol 4WD's, to a degree you can get around that thru learning how to drive to suit your vehicle's characteristics, and it's certainly not hurt by it being a fairly narrow & light vehicle! ;)

We have run Daihatsu Feroza's for a while, and with a few relatively minor mods they can be a off road weapon - ours have done the Vic High Country & Snowy Mountains; most of the iconic tracks over that way; all the interesting stuff in SA & Western Vic; and even the Birdsville, Simpson, Oodnadatta Track loop! And we often get to do things that some bigger trucks balk at for a variety of reasons, altho once again the limitation is the need for revs due to the lack of really low gearing and the revvy motor - and a long range fuel tank really helps a lot too! :D
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “General Daihatsu”