show us your scats

CRAB
Been here a while

Unread post by CRAB » October 10th, 2009, 11:02 am

was that show us your left ova scraps lol

u gotta love these lil things just as great as the zuk sierras
IF I DONT ANSWER IM NOT IGNORING U IM JUST ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL:drink::drink::drink:
CHECK OUT MY SHED
[url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/index.php?id=7513&im=1[/url]

firetruck
Been here a while

Unread post by firetruck » October 14th, 2009, 5:24 pm

willbill wrote:Hi I am a 13 year old boy and my brother blew up the motor of our Daihatsu scat by over revving it. The cam shaft is in pieces and there's a hole in the block. My project is to clean it up so I can drive it on the farm. I want to know if I should:
1. Get the parts and rebuild the motor?
2. Buy another Daihatsu scat petrol motor, if I do buy another motor where would I purchase it from and what would be a good price?
3. Get a diesel motor replacement, If so which diesel motor fits the easiest?

Waiting with spanners in hand,
Willbill
Hey Willbill. Keep it simple mate. Try around a few wreckers and see if you can get a second hand motor the same as the one you have. Even if you buy a motor that needs a rebuild you may have more or better parts than the one with a snapped camshaft. The one with the snapped cam may need more work than it's worth due to damage caused by the cam letting go. Cant help you with an exact place or price to get a motor but make sure you ring around as many people as you can. 4WD wreckers can be very different in their prices. Scats did come out with both petrol and diesel motors but you will need to check all the other things will bolt up ie: radiator, gearbox, plumbing, wiring, engine and chassis mounts just to name a few. They are not very common anymore but I believe the Toyota Blizzard is basically the same and they came out with a Toyota "L" motor from the hilux. Not sure on the rest of the running gear though. Good luck and let us know how you go.
Turbo 80 family bus....:eek:

TOYOTA. WHAT ELSE IS THERE?????

Dono1
Here and there

Unread post by Dono1 » October 14th, 2009, 7:04 pm

CRAB wrote:was that show us your left ova scraps lol

u gotta love these lil things just as great as the zuk sierras

They are heaps better than zooks!!!! more power, heaps stronger and look tougher.
Just really hard for parts

DAT MAN
Been here a while

Unread post by DAT MAN » October 19th, 2009, 8:02 am

willbill wrote:Hi I am a 13 year old boy and my brother blew up the motor of our Daihatsu scat by over revving it. The cam shaft is in pieces and there's a hole in the block. My project is to clean it up so I can drive it on the farm. I want to know if I should:
1. Get the parts and rebuild the motor?
2. Buy another Daihatsu scat petrol motor, if I do buy another motor where would I purchase it from and what would be a good price?
3. Get a diesel motor replacement, If so which diesel motor fits the easiest?

Waiting with spanners in hand,
Willbill...

Hay mate the engine your after is a 12R1600 they started in the scats in 78 and ran till the end of production in 84, The same engine allso came out in the toyota caronas. If you want to go diesel you'dd be better off getting hold of a wrecked one, the diesels have different gearbox and diff ratios and the engine bay and dash boord wireing harness is differant.

Hope that helps.
The ever chageing ever growing tread for my junk
viewtopic.php?t=61657" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nprush
Been here a while

Unread post by nprush » October 22nd, 2009, 6:01 pm

As promised here are pictures of my abused paddock bomb...

sorry if this offends anyone
daihatsu scat, bald tyres, missing front drive shaft, f'ed gearbox, massive suspension sag, no handbrake, no wipers, no door handel... one bloody fun paddock bomb:)

and a troupie set up for touring:D

DAT MAN
Been here a while

Unread post by DAT MAN » October 28th, 2009, 11:42 am

Hard to tell but it looks like it's relitivly rust free
The ever chageing ever growing tread for my junk
viewtopic.php?t=61657" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bungie
Avid Poster

Unread post by bungie » October 31st, 2009, 7:51 pm

you gotta love the title :)

scat
–noun the excrement of an animal.

lol
short term satellite phone rental
http://iridium-satellite-phone-rental.com

HBWC
Been here a while

Unread post by HBWC » November 1st, 2009, 12:08 am

i got given this little pice of scat

its a little desel dut the motor box and diffs will soon be removed
as shee turn into a truggy
[b]Tin Worm[/b] the scat crawler fwd motor patroll transfer and yota diffs (canit be done for under $1000???)nope budget gone [url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=88247[/url]

alicescat
I'm new, be nice!

My scat 1978 F20

Unread post by alicescat » November 13th, 2009, 1:53 am

this is my first and current car shes a 1978 daihatsu F20 i picked her up for $1100 a few months ago

taken a week after i got her

Melbourne cup day

so the plan is short term is to replace the springs and replace the seats with racing seats with harnesses (doing dough nuts on clay pans has thrown me out of the seats a few times) also get so m locking hubs (suggestions any one?????) get BF Goodrich allterrains possably put a roll cage on the back
also GET FLAMING AIR CON (when its 45+ degrees sitting in the sun for a few hours shes a bit hot)

LONG TERM GOAL
replace diffs hubs and drive train with hilux gear
replace engine gearbox etc. with a Toyota 2LT
replace leafys with coils

alicescat
I'm new, be nice!

alicescats F20

Unread post by alicescat » November 13th, 2009, 2:20 am

this is my 1978 F20 I brought her a few months ago for $1100 which i thought for a first car wasn't that bad, currantly it has the orignal 12R1600 with 4 speed boxImagethis was taken in the first week i had her

ImageImageImageImage
Melbourne cup 09

CURRANT THINGS TO DO
I'm wanting to replace the the hubs with manual locking hubs (suggestions any one??????)
need to replace passenger door window winder (again suggestions, my local wreckers are about as useful as road kill)
maybe add another spare wheel carrier on the back
get some sort of AIR CON (as when its 45+degrees and shes been sitting in the sun for 4hours shes a bit hot )
replace springs (they're a bit flat)
replace tires with BF Goodrich Allterrains
replace seats with bucket seats with harness (I really am getting sick of being thrown out of the seats when I'm on a claypan)

LONGTERM THINGS TO DO
make a roll cage
replace the drive train diffs axles gearbox etc. with hilux gear
replace engine with a toyota 2LT
replace leafys with coils

any sugestions as were to get any parts is much apreciated

Wade
I'm new, be nice!

sale

Unread post by Wade » November 27th, 2009, 2:36 am

do u want to sell the doors

jimbodreads
Getting to know the place

Unread post by jimbodreads » December 14th, 2009, 7:36 am

This 1982 F50 deisel 4 speed lives behind my 4x4 motorhome, I've put Toyota bucket seats and 100 series 6 & 7th fold up rear sears in, 5 seater now,a warn 5000lbs winch in a cut down pajero steel bar , 3" s/s snorkel,and a boat loader roof rack[made with a old alloy ute tray very strong ],30" x 9.5" with 15" by 7" rims.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HBWC
Been here a while

Unread post by HBWC » December 15th, 2009, 2:12 am

thats a nice little unit and the bar looks tops
[b]Tin Worm[/b] the scat crawler fwd motor patroll transfer and yota diffs (canit be done for under $1000???)nope budget gone [url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=88247[/url]

RED-355
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by RED-355 » January 17th, 2010, 2:45 pm

has any one got scat parts in Sydney???
david 0438 954 664

Tropical Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Tropical Low » February 25th, 2010, 8:29 am

Hey guy's I fond a photo of a Bizzard same thing realy I nerely brout one for my frist car but it had a fair bit of rust. it had a 2.2 diesel it was an 1982 model. My older bother rolled one 4 times back in about 1989 they ***** doing about 80kmph when a tyre blow! a few cuts and brose's lucky! This one had the big 2.8 diesel motor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Scat”