show us your scats

scats96
Here and there

Re: show us your scats

Unread post by scats96 » June 20th, 2012, 6:08 pm

Elblado wrote:Ive got the DG engine manual, workshop manual and owners manual on PDF. What exactly are you after?
was just after the manuals just if something goes wrong and to figure stuff out for my self would i be able to get a copy of the PDF.
DAIHATSU SCAT F50 IN PROGRESS

scats96
Here and there

Unread post by scats96 » July 7th, 2012, 9:35 pm

This is my dads scat f50 this is how im doing myne but with a lift and some other mods.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DAIHATSU SCAT F50 IN PROGRESS

outatownace
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by outatownace » December 9th, 2012, 11:50 am

howdy, i got given a scat after plastering a farmers renovated house, saw it on blocks in his paddock and asked him what was up with it, said i coul have it. its a diesel ute f55 or f65 i think. i have to find a couple of compatible wheels to put on it before i can get it home, then source a transfer case to replace the knackered one in it.
any leeds would be appreciated, south east nsw bombala region cheers

dammit01
Here and there

Unread post by dammit01 » January 7th, 2013, 10:42 pm

I loved my scat it was so simple and could climb the side of bldings was flat out at 95 down hill with wind up its ass it had a fiberglass roof and back area with sun roof I think it had a 12y petrol motor wish I still had it

Dicky73
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Dicky73 » January 28th, 2013, 8:52 pm

I have a soft spot for the scats my 1st 4wd was a f20 deluxe, got it from eBay for 850 dollars like this. After few bits of rust where cut out ect
image.jpg

After doing all oils putting all new carpets in gauges getting running spot on when in for paint then
It got some lights and a set of 30inch muddys
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
After a bit I later sold it on Facebook and got a zook
I think if I ever see one for sale at the right time place ill get it and have as a toy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dammit01
Here and there

Unread post by dammit01 » February 2nd, 2013, 10:46 pm

Nice pics I want another one to do up for weekend fun machine

CatScat
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by CatScat » April 15th, 2013, 5:52 pm

I have this $200 deluxe 1982 F20, which I am doing up for a play/bush thing (attached)

Scat on
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Scat on » September 26th, 2014, 4:07 pm

here's my baby, pretty much as i bought it. lil bit of rust in the front. needs new indicators and to fix the oil leaks but seems to be in good condition for being over 20 years old! any tips on sourcing said indicators would be appreciated.
i know virtually nothing about cars, bought this with the goal of learning a few things and fell in love! long term, I want to build a custom tray and maybe give her (Gladys) a bit of a paint job.
Any recommendations for tyres, rims that will get me past roadworthy but still be able to have a bit of fun off road.

Cheers!

TBRodeo45
Getting to know the place

Unread post by TBRodeo45 » September 28th, 2014, 8:13 pm

Hi, Not a Scat but close enough. My 82 Blizzard.
What would it be worth, prob gonna sell it soon to fund a new project?? Prob owes me about $5k, just had the roof 2 pak'd white today to make it look a bit FJ'ish and freshen it up. Has a bit of rust up under the dash and a patch at the top of the passenger side pillar but apart from that its pretty good.

5 x Brand new 31" Muds,
Rear nolathane bushes
Fronts getting done this week
2.2L diesel runs like clockwork
Have timing belt ready to go in asap (warning lights on)
new viscous fan coupling
reco'd alternator
New thermostat
LED rear lights
Fresh painted bulbar and rear bar
Getting front seat re-trimmed and foamed (side vinyl is torn)
New horn
Went through regency (our government vehicle inspection agency in SA) no dramas
4 speed
Has all factory carpets
Has a rear fold up seat fitted so seats 4
RP5 electronic rust prevention system installed
Gets around 9.5-10L/100km thats city driving to and from work
Has Original Blizzard owners manual
Needs hood lining

Let me know if anyones interested for around $5k, may be on gumtree soon. Wont sell it if i can afford to keep it
Located in Semaphore SA

ricky76
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by ricky76 » May 17th, 2015, 11:09 pm

Hi All !!..Well I thought id add my RARE 1976 Daihatsu F10L to the list..Only a hand full of these were sent to Glebe Island,Sydney,Australia from Japan,just to see how they would cope with the Australian conditions.They coped well so the F10 hardtop were the next model sent over followed by the F20...I have owned this tough and reliable 4x4 for 22years now..I just love driving this jeep on warm sunny days and nights with the windscreen folded down to the bonnet..Just makes you feel wonderful!!..People wave and yell out to me all the time while driving...I bought the jeep for $550.00 back in 1995..It was sitting under a carport and left for dead..I spotted it and knew the potential of this vehicle..It had 36,000km original on the clock..The vehicle looked as though it had been bogged and submerged on the local beach..Despite all the surface rust and seized wheels,i had it up and running in no time..I put in a bell housing conversion kit and replaced the original motor for the ever reliable Toyota 4k corolla high cam motor 1300cc..Goes great with the double barrel carby..I saturated the rust in fish oil then painted the body metallic blue..In the mean time it has also been painted grey and today it is Jet Black..
Last edited by ricky76 on December 4th, 2016, 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

dammit01
Here and there

Unread post by dammit01 » January 30th, 2016, 11:27 pm

love it top job

Return to “Scat”