show us your scats

DAT MAN
Been here a while

show us your scats

Unread post by DAT MAN » March 23rd, 2009, 9:37 pm

WOOOOHOOOO first to post in the new scat section:waycool:
Pic's of your scat and list of mods if you please

I'll start it off here are my 4

She's a 1977 F10 with the whopping 1000cc engine she started out stock wearing factory cheez cutters now sits on 31X10.5 BFG's, springs
recald +2", 240 XGT's, factory bull bar and roof consoule

Here's the one undergoing restoration and modification it's a 1978 F20 planing spring over conversion on 60 series diff's, no current mods except a custom made winch bar

Some thing I picked up along my travels it's a 1978 F20 with a fiberglass jeep body on it sprung over welded diff's front n rear

and last the parts truck no mods just getting cut up for rust repares in the project
The ever chageing ever growing tread for my junk
viewtopic.php?t=61657" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A.J.
Part of the furniture

Unread post by A.J. » March 24th, 2009, 9:32 pm

Wow I didn't even know there was a Scat section.... how would I know anyway ;)

So, will you be moderator here? I mean, you're the king of the Scats obviously :D

Should've taken a pic of the Patrol next to your Scat on Sunday just for giggles ;)

Keep up the good work and get going with the build-up of the tuff-scat!
My DUAL CAB GU: http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=62796

DAT MAN
Been here a while

Unread post by DAT MAN » March 25th, 2009, 2:29 pm

I'dd be stoked if I were the moderator of the scat section (HINT HINT 4WDA) and king of scats ok maby I'm a close second to some of the other scat finatics (they know who they are)

nigelr
Here and there

Unread post by nigelr » March 27th, 2009, 6:18 am

That's a very tidy F20 in the first shot, Dat Man.
Owned an F50 back in the early 80's, truly was a joy to own!
Rolled her on the beach one day while being silly, sold her immediately and bought a S3 SWB Landy......:crazy::D
She was a great little truck tho'............
Cheers.

Trojan
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Trojan » March 27th, 2009, 3:12 pm

You're sick if you want to see other peoples scat :p

Bartoss
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Bartoss » May 27th, 2009, 4:26 pm

top lookin truck mate my uncle has an old baby blue one with the 2.2 diesel i think the thing has never stopped i think he put one glow plug in it once! he must have done near a million ks in it i reckon keep up the good work man

DAT MAN
Been here a while

Unread post by DAT MAN » May 28th, 2009, 6:26 pm

There grate trucks as you can see I'm kind of addicted to them ;)

Kurtz
I'm new, be nice!

My Daihatsu Scat F55

Unread post by Kurtz » June 22nd, 2009, 7:16 pm

G'day, this is my F55 diesel my old man brought it for me about 6 months ago. Its an 82' and its a 2.5 diesel 4 speed. We got it off a farm in outer melbourne. When i got it all it had was there bare minimum. I soon got rid of the rubber matts on the floors and got the hole rig re-upholstered with black marine carpet and new head liner.

I then got all the electrics done including cd player in roof line and cb. as well as 4 roo-lights on the roof and a reverse light. at the same time i got all the earth changed and a really good look at the alternator fixing my lose of battery power so quickly.

I then put on some Maxxis Trepedors 30" x 9.5" with new 15" by 7" white sunnys on it. ( mad a massive difference!! ).

Its reall a work car so i got the 2 big checker plate box's on the back for tools and wen i got off road storage. While i was out n about in the bush loving the mud the next week i made a snorkel out of PVC and put a pod filter on top with a heat shield used as a mud shield. ( sounds mad ).

The best thing about my rig is that its different and it was quarter of the price of some other rigs and goes just as far. Cheap and reliable.

HLX.GRL
Been here a while

Unread post by HLX.GRL » June 23rd, 2009, 5:38 pm

dam scats lol
[align=center][align=center][/align]
[/align]

nprush
Been here a while

Unread post by nprush » June 29th, 2009, 4:28 pm

nice scat's guys... got one as a paddock bomb its a 2.2lt deisel will try and get some pics of it. i reckon there one of the best cars ever made, this thing just runs and runs and runs i sometimes have no idea how it starts, i dont even know if it has oil in it???? it is missing the front driveshaft and has bald tyres but still manages to go everywhere. best cars ever, to bad its full of rust and is past a rebuild. any of you know of a wreckers in melbourne (or vic) i need the front driveshaft and handbrake cable. also what tyre size is standard?
daihatsu scat, bald tyres, missing front drive shaft, f'ed gearbox, massive suspension sag, no handbrake, no wipers, no door handel... one bloody fun paddock bomb:)

and a troupie set up for touring:D

DAT MAN
Been here a while

Unread post by DAT MAN » July 7th, 2009, 12:47 pm

HLX.GRL wrote:dam scats lol

You know you love em haha

Rick
Been here a while

Unread post by Rick » July 16th, 2009, 8:36 am

Rick O'Brien
Editor
Extreme 4WD

I live in constant fear of the Hamburgler.

dan099
Getting to know the place

Unread post by dan099 » July 28th, 2009, 6:40 pm

Thease are top little work horses i have had 3 utes the last was a deluxe model with a little dash and factory cloth trim better bucket seats 2.8lt 5 speed the only thing diathsu did wrong was to go to the 5 speed as thay were to hard on the transfer case so we stoped using 5th gear and never had anymort prolblems .In the 90's most qld roo shooters had one of thease or an lj80 suzi

willbill
I'm new, be nice!

daihatsu scat

Unread post by willbill » October 9th, 2009, 3:53 pm

Hi I am a 13 year old boy and my brother blew up the motor of our Daihatsu scat by over revving it. The cam shaft is in pieces and there's a hole in the block. My project is to clean it up so I can drive it on the farm. I want to know if I should:
1. Get the parts and rebuild the motor?
2. Buy another Daihatsu scat petrol motor, if I do buy another motor where would I purchase it from and what would be a good price?
3. Get a diesel motor replacement, If so which diesel motor fits the easiest?

Waiting with spanners in hand,
Willbill

Pog
Need to get out more

Unread post by Pog » October 9th, 2009, 6:51 pm

I was seriously concerned when I saw the title of this thread. Scat fetishes are WEIRD! :D
2002 Hilux 2.7 Dualcab, 2" OME suspension, LF240 50w HID's, IPF headlight upgrade, Icom IC-400PRO, RFI CD900, ECB bullbar, ARB compressor.

Return to “Scat”