SPOA conversion

Truck Lux
Been here a while

SPOA conversion

Unread post by Truck Lux » May 19th, 2011, 9:49 am

Gday everyone, about to pick up what i believe is an F-20 its just a paddock basher so im not to worried about details too much.
Basically i want to do a diff swap,spring over and extend the wheelbase as much as possible and i just want to know what diffs people would use etc or any tried and true methods. * this is not gonna be used on road so it doesnt need to be engineered *

I was thinking using 60 series diffs with IFS hilux rear leafs up the front and do a shackle reversal.
Dont know exactly what springs il use in the rear ?? And also info on scat transfer cases , are they tough ? Would it be worth putting a different case in... I guess il have to lengthen the chassis front and back to fit longer springs.

The only thing im not cluey about is what im gonna do about steering cause il want power steering and high steer so any info would be great.

I have searched for info and found alot but i just want opinions or ideas basically. Cheers

Waitesy
Avid Poster

Re: SPOA conversion

Unread post by Waitesy » May 30th, 2011, 5:53 pm

60 diffs i think wouldn't work because of where the leaf spring sits would be above the diff punkin on the front and the rear, in the rear you would need to use an 80 series or hilux i would think because there diffs in the centre if that makes sense. also with the front you probably couldn't run anything but a scat diff for leafs because of the same reason and would have to coil it instead so everything clears. hope this helps.
cheers Waitesy
My Rigs:
1982 HJ47 troopy cut down, lifted and locked.
1988 HJ75 ute slowly getting rebuild.
1985 HJ60 coiled comp truck.
as we grow older, we don't grow up our toys just get bigger and more expensive.

Truck Lux
Been here a while

Unread post by Truck Lux » May 31st, 2011, 8:06 am

Cheers waitesy, i am now definately going to use my hilux diffs, i guess a way to overcome the pumpkin being in the way up front is welding a bit of rhs outboard of chassis where shackle will sit and make up a dropped front hanger to suit. But il consider linking the front if its too much hassle.

Waitesy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Waitesy » May 31st, 2011, 11:24 am

thats the way i was planing in doing mine except use Gq patrol diffs. and with the steering i was going to try and use an ifs hilux box and a commondore pump. have a look at the bbm scat attack build they built up an awesome scat on hilux diffs.

cheers Waitesy.
My Rigs:
1982 HJ47 troopy cut down, lifted and locked.
1988 HJ75 ute slowly getting rebuild.
1985 HJ60 coiled comp truck.
as we grow older, we don't grow up our toys just get bigger and more expensive.

HBWC
Been here a while

Unread post by HBWC » June 9th, 2011, 11:30 am

60 diffs work as surprising the spring mounts are in the same place as a hj75 cruser
on the front you need to do a small notch to the pumkin and same on the rear if you inboard the springs
[b]Tin Worm[/b] the scat crawler fwd motor patroll transfer and yota diffs (canit be done for under $1000???)nope budget gone [url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=88247[/url]

Return to “Scat”