Carbon Canister Line Help

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Carbon Canister Line Help

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 23rd, 2015, 8:18 pm

Oh Bugga! :eek: But at least you know part of it is all connected up properly now. :rolleyes:

Have you checked to make sure all the sensors are operating within their defined parameters?? IIRC, the Warfs manual has some specs/instructions on how to test them with a multi-meter.... I'd be looking at the O2 sensor on the exhaust fairly carefully even if you don't want to check the rest!! Altho it might also be a failed 'block/coolant temp sensor' :confused:

Shame Perth is so far away, diagnosing this sort of stuff is soooo much easier when the car is actually right there in fromt of you?! :irked:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

fezwok
Getting to know the place

Unread post by fezwok » May 27th, 2015, 8:32 pm

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the tips, I'm working through all the possibly issues slowly (working full time sucks doesn't it!).

Had a quick squiz around the engine again just now I've found another random line not going anywhere!

Hopefully the pics come up well, please let me know if you know where this hose is suppose to go (if anywhere).

Thanks mate

fezwok
Getting to know the place

Unread post by fezwok » May 27th, 2015, 8:35 pm

Hopefully the images show where the line is going, one end goes under the dizzy somewhere (it runs along next to the 02 sensor)

The other end was tucked behind the washer bottle not connected to anything
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 27th, 2015, 9:27 pm

Follow that one to the other end, the end that I'm guessing (well, pretty sure really!) is on the top of the gearbox &/or transfer case... ;)

I'm almost positive that it's the gearbox/transcase breather, especially when you look at the pic taken of it down near the block/firewall, altho I did think they had an end on them on the inner guard just behind the washer bottle - just a little closer to the firewall. Some of them have a 'T' about where the red arrow is in your first pic up the top, where the front diff was 'T'ed into the one line; others just ran the two hoses up into the inner guard. I haven't got one of the Feroza's handy to check atm, but I'll have a look at one in the morning and tell you what I find!! :)

Regardless of which breather it is, it's a good idea to coil the breather hoses at least one full turn and then fit one of the sintered metal or blue membrane breather caps to the end of the breather hoses. That'll stop any water getting into the diff/gearbox/transfer case that way! Check out the rear diff breather too, it runs into RHside body panel up the back; and while you are there, the Fuel tank breather also runs into the same double panel - doesn't hurt to pop the trim card off the inside of the cab back there, loop the breathers up as high as you can, put a few coils into the loose hose, and then add one of the breather caps to their ends too!! The cheapy paper element fuel filter things that are quite popular as a stop gap breather end are just that, stop gap & temporary solutions!! Get the paper element wet at all (from fuel or oil coming up the hoses or water/condensation coming from outside) and they are worse than useless!! The proper end caps aren't expensive when you consider what it costs to re-build a diff or gearbox!! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Feroza”