88 Feroza questions

troy92
I'm new, be nice!

88 Feroza questions

Unread post by troy92 » February 24th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Hey guys very new to the 4wd scene. I recently scored an 88 feroza from work, I got a question regarding tyres..
Has anyone with this car put 30" muddies without body lift and if so any scrub??
And I also have to find rims to fit the tyres and hubs. The tyre size is
265/70/r17 they were freebies so would they fit.
Again sorry if it sounds stupid just new to this

nilla60

Re: 88 Feroza questions

Unread post by nilla60 » February 24th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Not really familiar with the Freroza but this might a start point:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47068

kalla20
Been here a while

Unread post by kalla20 » February 24th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Hey mate, the ferozas are an awesome little rig.
You should be able to fit 30's on withouth scrubbing, but you might be hard presses to find 17" rims with a 5stud pattern, you might be better off selling the tires and getting some others.

If you want a bit more info try wards.org its specifically for daihatsus and there's heaps of modded ferozas.

Cheers Kalla
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8 TD

Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=187&t=147181

troy92
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by troy92 » February 24th, 2014, 8:26 pm

Thanks for your help guys so if I was to swap them for 15s wat rim could I use for the hub to fit

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » February 24th, 2014, 8:34 pm

If it's a Wide-Body Feroza, you might just get away with fitting 245/75R15's, but I doubt you'll get away with anything much bigger without doing a suspension lift (max achievable is about 40mm unless you want to spend a lot of money) & a body lift (40mm min I'd guess for those tyres you mentioned) OR you could start doing some fiddly and expensive mods like transplanting a bigger/wider diff underneath, fitting longer (& therefore wider) front suspension arms, cutting & flaring the guards, and basically going to town with the engineering!!

But your max tyre size without doing anything is probably going to be around the 245/75R15 size or an equivalent rolling dia. And if you do go bigger, there are the gearing changes to consider too!! Much bigger than that 245/75 size will have an impact on your gearing, and make it awful hard to go slow and do things in low range without revving the ring out of it & probably slipping the clutch too!! As it is, while they thrive on revs & like to be up around 3000 rpm plus anyway, but put the bigger wheels on and most drivers will hafta resort to slipping the clutch just to get them moving, and they'll tend to run out of puff on hills or into head winds fairly quickly too!!

The 5 stud 15" rims that fit on Jeeps usually fit on Feroza's, and some of the 16" rims that fit Jeeps fit on them too, so if you want to fit low profile tyres or bigger dia tyres, you can usually find rims that'll work, but you come back to the need to cut guards etc if you go too big in rolling dia. :(

The website for all things Daihatsu is http://www.warfs.org/, lots of good info there! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Feroza”