Got an image of the correct Air Con Belt Orientation?

Rocky F78
Here and there

Got an image of the correct Air Con Belt Orientation?

Unread post by Rocky F78 » November 11th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Anyone able to provide an image of how the air condition belt goes around the pulleys? Mine snapped off and I bought the 13A0875 as per all the different catalogues but it seems to short to go around the pulleys.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Got an image of the correct Air Con Belt Orientation?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 12th, 2016, 8:18 am

Sadly for you Rocky, most Aus delivered A/c's on these & some other vehicles are Dealer Fitted from what they could get at the time, & may (or more likely, may not!) use the catalogue spec A/c belt!!

If you've tried & it obviously won't fit properly, it is most likely that you've got this problem & will need a (slightly?) longer/shorter belt!! Try & estimate how far out the one you have is, remembering that V belts in particular will pull IN to the pulley channel a bit, so don't go too long! If you don't have/can't read the size off the old belt that fitted, you are probably going to hafta do a little guess work & maybe try a couple of belts before you get the right one. Sorry! :o

Good Luck! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Rocky”