F75 Sport Afield - what engine is in it & what's different?

Mr.Rocky
I'm new, be nice!

F75 Sport Afield - what engine is in it & what's different?

Unread post by Mr.Rocky » April 25th, 2013, 6:56 pm

hey all i got myself a diahatsu rocky today for a run about and a bit of beachin and offroad use. its a 1990 f75 with a resin top, and it's a sports afield 2.8L turbo diesel, it needs a new front diff apparently. i got it for $1000, can anyone tell me more, like what engine is in it, what sport afield is, did i get a good deal, and also where to source a new diff or what else can i do to fix the problem ect. also where's the best place to get lift blocks or something to give it a bit more clearance. any help and info would be tops. cheers

f75
Here and there

Re: F75 Sport Afield - what engine is in it & what's differe

Unread post by f75 » April 26th, 2013, 8:06 am

A $1000 is a good deal for a sports afield. The 2.8td in a pretty reliable engine its the same motor they use the delta trucks. Make sure your cooling system is in good condition like radiator and water pump as they have been known to get hot when doin beach work mine never but it is an issue for some.
THe sports afield was a limited edition and have things like power windows/mirrors and different cloth trims etc.Most of them were black/silver with sportsafield decal down the side.
As far as the front diff you could take it to a diff guy for a rebuild. Im in Sydney and ive always got parts from these guys there always helpful and ship any where. http://www.coast4x4wreckers.com.au/
The diesels are a different ratio to petrol so make sure you get a diesel diff.
Good luck with it they are a fun little truck and very capable.
Mine has a 2" body lift and 2" suspension lift I got my springs from EFS (not that I would recommend them to any one :mad: ) and made my own body lift blocks.

Sports afields are pretty rare so you should post some pics up for us.
v6 2"efs adj sway/panhard

Mr.Rocky
I'm new, be nice!

Re: F75 Sport Afield - what engine is in it & what's differe

Unread post by Mr.Rocky » April 26th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Thanks heaps mate i pulled the inspection cover off the diff today and seen bits of bearing and metal haha i assume it picked up a bearing when the previous owner was giving it a hard time he seemed a rough sort of bloke but i picked up a cheap diff from local wreckers i better double check it was diesel but i should also be able to do a bit of work to the old diff for a sparey. How did u make lift blocks? I only got it yesterdaay so when i clean it up and get it on the road ill get some pics

Return to “Rocky”