Our little adventure

WGN355
Been here a while

Our little adventure

Unread post by WGN355 » January 4th, 2010, 6:29 pm

Ok we went for our first off road trip to the nangar look out in the nangar national park yesterday and really enjoyed the drive. Was hoping for a bit of a harder track on the way up but was still good to get out with the family. Here's a couple of pic of the afternoon. 4hrs. 190k's.

Old mate. I even got a quick pat.

couple of the locals.

The view from the top.

After this adventure it has got us hooked and will be looking at doing alot more of it and maybe invest in an off road camper for some weekends away. The kids loved it as well.

Now the big question is how good will these cars perform in more challenging tracks? I'd like to start going on 4WD adventures but am unsure if i should stick with the fronty and upgrade it or go out and purchase something bigger like a patrol.The car will still remain a daily driver for now as well. What are your thoughts Stick with it or swap? All the mrs cares about is wrecking th car.

98fronty
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fronty » January 4th, 2010, 9:07 pm

ok im guessing its a v6 3.2L good motor, well proven, good in most situations should be easy to find parts for the motor. now thats soughted well suspension don't think ifs steer away they are good and you can lift these 3" with out much worry look in to calami kit's the fronteras have a good solid rear diff with a decent lsd im pretty sure and can out flex most cars with abit of thought and adjustment. you will end up slowly wrecking any car in the long run if you plan on trying to go rock crawling in it when its not built for it. but if you just want a good tourer with enough power to tow a van or even a weekend warrior the fronty will serve this purpose fine if you start strugling on harder tracks lock up the front diff then just drive it and enjoy.
hope this helps 98fronty.

98fronty
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fronty » January 4th, 2010, 9:08 pm

oh i forgot to mention front bars are relatively easy to find for your model and some sliders could probably be found or even easily made. i say keep it. you won't regret it.

WGN355
Been here a while

Unread post by WGN355 » January 4th, 2010, 9:52 pm

Thanks alot mate made my decision really easy. I wouldn't mind going rock crawling and that kinda stuff occasionally but as the family will just about always be with me i don't want it dangerous for the kids either so will mostly stick to the moderate stuff and places where 2WD cars could only dream of going. Will have a look into a few of the mods for the car. A lift will be the first thing on the cards though.

98fronty
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fronty » January 4th, 2010, 10:19 pm

glad i could help soon enough you willl have a very capable rig.
cheers 98fronty

Return to “Frontera”