show your frontera's and mu's

Dazme
I'm new, be nice!

Great Advice

Unread post by Dazme » April 11th, 2010, 1:06 pm

Thanks mate for all your advice ,your a champion.If you know of anybody else that has the same fourbies or websites ,let us know .:thumb:

Dazme
I'm new, be nice!

Snorkel

Unread post by Dazme » April 16th, 2010, 7:01 pm

Mate do u have any pics of the engine bay.Your snorkel only goes just onto the side panel but the air filters r down further in the corner.How have u modified it.Thanks

mickydrippin
I'm new, be nice!

new beeie

Unread post by mickydrippin » April 24th, 2010, 10:15 am

hi guys just found this site i have 2 fronteras 2000 and 99
i would like to do up the 2000 model and would like some info i was thinking of getting a 2 " lift extracters and a mod chip has any had got any recomendations on the chip i see them on ebay for $50
please if you can email me at southcoastreptiles.com.au as i dont get the web much .
i have taken my 2000 model up the birdsville trake a couple of times and across to Mt isa and back through the desert to wollongong. i just did a headgasket in the 99 model $3000 to repair
any help would be good or recomadations
mick

Blackisuzu98
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Blackisuzu98 » April 28th, 2010, 11:43 pm

Sorry for the delay man, i haven't been getting on my usual forums lately. Things are getting hectic around here, as the countdown has started for us to leave to head back to the states.:thumb:

All i did was use the hose that was supplied in the kit and ran it into the air box. I went to my local hardware/appliance store and got a coupler to connect the hose to my airbox. It's sufficient for now, but im not sure if i trust it for a high water crossing yet. That's another thing that's on my list of things to do. These are the only 2 pics i have. Just in case i don't respond in the next few days shoot me an email i check that several times a day.

pvt.turner@yahoo.com

bennhw
Here and there

Unread post by bennhw » June 27th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Thought I'd drop in a pic for the hell of it.

Cheers,

Benn

loppa
Been here a while

Unread post by loppa » June 27th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Hi Bennhw nice pic. I was wondering how you got that much rear wheel travel? i have the swb frontera and my top trailing arm on the passenger side hits the fuel tank. Have you changed the top arms on yours?

Cheers loppa

samorgs
Here and there

Unread post by samorgs » July 14th, 2010, 11:03 am

loppa wrote:Hi Bennhw nice pic. I was wondering how you got that much rear wheel travel? i have the swb frontera and my top trailing arm on the passenger side hits the fuel tank. Have you changed the top arms on yours?

Cheers loppa
loppa,

From memory Bennhw has a calmini 3" lift kit in his and it comes with new rear arm over the fuel tank, and also comes with replacement front upper control arms as well.

Cheers,

Scott

Blackisuzu98

Re: show your frontera's and mu's

Unread post by Blackisuzu98 » September 10th, 2010, 10:12 pm

It's been awhile since i've been on the site, here's some updated pics of my '98 and my '00 that i bought when i came home from overseas. We got my ARB bumper raised to match the body lift, I also added some 33" Baja Claws which I love!! :D Enjoy.

My 2000

guben
Here and there

Unread post by guben » September 11th, 2010, 12:11 am

This is me flying the frontera flag for the 4wda film crew having lunch at the bottom of the hill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtVEAjsnqck

It had 33'' muddies on sunrasias
2'' body lift
custom front bar
and a welded front diff.
It went so many more places than I take my GU. But mostly because I never babied it.
Not a bad car really just wanted something bigger with more power, 4cyl petrol didnt like the 33`s carying a camper trailer.

98fronty
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fronty » November 5th, 2010, 3:33 pm

very nice!! that fronty did good going up there is it bad on road with the 33's and did you have to cut the guards? also whats the steering like with the welded front end?

Blackisuzu98

Unread post by Blackisuzu98 » December 27th, 2010, 1:19 pm

Here's my girl after a suspension makeover. Now I have 13" of lift, 36x13.50 Super Swamper Iroks, and 4.78 ring and pinion. :thumb:

Micahjack
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Micahjack » December 27th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Beautiful Blackisuzu98
I am a bit concerned about your spare?
Have you got anymore pics would love to see front, rear and close up of the lift.

Thanks Matt

Blackisuzu98

Unread post by Blackisuzu98 » December 30th, 2010, 2:51 pm

My Rodeo isn't a daily driver, plus I got the insurance on the Iroks which means free replacement in case of a blowout or other issues with them. I have several pictures but none at this moment.

I don't want a full size spare because that's too much weight on the rear.

The suspension is IFS, the lift is a combination of a 3" body lift, 3" Old man emu, and a 7" drop lift made custom in Thailand. Mine is the first kit they have designed and sold.

I don't have much spare time so if anyone wants to contact me please feel free, I check my email daily.

Thank you for the compliment.

Brandon
Pvt.turner@yahoo.com

loppa
Been here a while

Unread post by loppa » June 12th, 2011, 5:48 pm

here is a pic of my frontera from the other day when i went out. Hope you like it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

98fronty
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fronty » June 12th, 2011, 6:07 pm

looking tough :D shame i got rid of mine... but not all is bad i own a rodeo now haha least it has that holden badge on it still.

cheers 98fronty.(probably should change that haha)

Return to “Frontera”