2001 Fronty LWB Help.

Doowrag
Been here a while

2001 Fronty LWB Help.

Unread post by Doowrag » March 22nd, 2009, 8:23 pm

G'day, toying with the idea of a buying a 2001 frontera as a beach & camping rig for my young family. Very comfy and reasonably priced.

Just wondering what others may have done to get a couple inches lift out of them as this may become a problem in the soft sand. Parts seem hard to source in aus so interested to see what people are doing. Also would probably look at slightly bigger and wider tyres for better beach driving. How much lift is needed for 30's or 31's?

Don't want anything crazy, just don't want to be bulldozing the ground everywhere i go.

Also feel free to make any comments, interested in hearing from current or previous owners on them.

Thanks
D

Doowrag
Been here a while

Unread post by Doowrag » March 26th, 2009, 4:16 pm

WOW!! Popular thread this one! Anyway pick it Friday if anyone's interested.

Mittens
Been here a while

Unread post by Mittens » March 26th, 2009, 8:01 pm

Check out

Planetisuzoo.com :: Index

Great U S based forum. They call the frontera the Isuzu Rodeo or Passport- gets a little confusing. I'm more interested in the Trooper stuff (Jackaroo) they have some awesome rigs and they'll be able to answer all your questions.

They help me out lots with my old Jackaroo.

Doowrag
Been here a while

Unread post by Doowrag » March 30th, 2009, 8:56 am

Thanks Mittens I'll try there

Here it is anyway.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mittens
Been here a while

Unread post by Mittens » March 30th, 2009, 11:02 am

no probs.

thats a great looking fronty mate.

I'm a bit isuzu mad - they make great rigs.

i've been checking out a few frontys in the last week. very tempting..
:)

Doowrag
Been here a while

Unread post by Doowrag » March 30th, 2009, 12:14 pm

Thanks Mittens, Bought it from a yard which is a bummer coz I wouldnt mind talking to the previous owners regarding the suspension. It has OME rear shock and what look to be small coil spacers. Not 100% sure, just had a quick look yesterday, will look into it though.

Very comfy, plenty of power and torque, drove it 450k's yesterday and used about 7/8 of a tank, which lets say 500k's/tank and I believe they are 80L tank. not the greatest but thats the price you pay for comfort and power i guess.

Take it easy.
D

lefty
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by lefty » April 7th, 2009, 7:29 pm

Doowrag wrote:Thanks Mittens, Bought it from a yard which is a bummer coz I wouldnt mind talking to the previous owners regarding the suspension. It has OME rear shock and what look to be small coil spacers. Not 100% sure, just had a quick look yesterday, will look into it though.

Very comfy, plenty of power and torque, drove it 450k's yesterday and used about 7/8 of a tank, which lets say 500k's/tank and I believe they are 80L tank. not the greatest but thats the price you pay for comfort and power i guess.

Take it easy.
D

I have the same 4x4 but the early 99 model and auto, mine is pretty much as stock as they come except the weackish bull bar and after market longer travel front shocks and it goes just as hard or harder than some other 4bies thats i traveled with on a beach run. they are just as good as on the road for road driving.
if your worried about the load for towing, i have pulled a yacht that wieghs over 1.5 tons out a boat ramp and nearly low tide in high 4 without missing a beat

Dazme
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Dazme » April 4th, 2010, 2:52 pm

I used some heavy duty jackaroo springs and crancked the torsion bars up to match the back.Took it to Fraser,went okay on beach but a bit more clearance is still needed.Wont to put 31's on it.

Return to “Frontera”