Frontera Airflow Snorkel

loppa
Been here a while

Frontera Airflow Snorkel

Unread post by loppa » October 29th, 2008, 2:55 pm

Hey guys i purchased a snorkel for my frontera today from airflow, just wondering if anyone has fitted a snorkel before and if so could you give me some tips?

Cheers loppa

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » October 29th, 2008, 11:35 pm

Make sure the hole is in the right spot before you cut it and seal up the joins well.
I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

fishboy
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by fishboy » November 1st, 2008, 2:14 pm

Hey loppa
What year is your frontera? I have a 1997 frontera and would love a snorkel for it... If yours is the same year and your snorkel would fit then can you please tell me how much?
Cheers Tyson
if it can't be done naked then its not worth doing...

loppa
Been here a while

Unread post by loppa » November 1st, 2008, 3:40 pm

fishboy wrote:Hey loppa
What year is your frontera? I have a 1997 frontera and would love a snorkel for it... If yours is the same year and your snorkel would fit then can you please tell me how much?
Cheers Tyson
My frontera is a 1999, im not to sure about the snorkel i have fitting it but if you give the guys at airflow a call they will be able to tell you.

loppa
Been here a while

Unread post by loppa » November 1st, 2008, 3:46 pm

well guys i couldn't drill the hole on the guard myself so im getting Playtime 4x4 in sunbury to fit it for me on monday

Darren T
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Darren T » March 16th, 2009, 6:13 pm

loppa wrote:well guys i couldn't drill the hole on the guard myself so im getting Playtime 4x4 in sunbury to fit it for me on monday
Scary drilling into your pride and joy. I haven't done it myself but watched someone do it to a Terracan and I don't think it would be something I would like to do.
A tip for anyone wanting to do it themselves is - DON'T use a new holesaw, it needs to be bluntened so it doesn't "grab" the panel and crease it, making an ugly mess.

Can you post some pics when done, I'm interested in getting a snorkel myself.

Cheers

Return to “Frontera”