Body lift for holden frontera

loppa
Been here a while

Body lift for holden frontera

Unread post by loppa » December 25th, 2007, 9:59 am

Hey guys just wondering how hard it would be and also if it is possible to do a 1 or 1 and a half inch body lift to my frontera. Cheers loppa

cameron500
Been here a while

6 or 8 points

Unread post by cameron500 » December 27th, 2007, 7:02 pm

from the count of my frontera sport there is a obvious 6 possibly actually 8 or 10 not sure if i can see one on the rear end.

loppa just find a body lift kit where the cylinder holes whille fit the frontera ones :) thats what im gonna do!!!
just trying to work out how to do it is hard, not sure where to jack it from and what needs to be taken off first!?

hope i helped :S:drink:

loppa
Been here a while

Unread post by loppa » January 23rd, 2008, 7:42 am

Well im going to get around to doing my body lift, just need to know if im going to need anything other than the spacer blocks and bolts? Will i have to extend anything such as steering, fuel lines etc?

neonasty
Here and there

Unread post by neonasty » January 23rd, 2008, 2:00 pm

Possibly. Im unsure about that model exactly. But others have had to extent brake lines, steering columns, fuel lines, maybe handbrake and accelerator cables.

You may just have to move the radiator up the equlivelent space so you can keep the stock water pipes.

loppa
Been here a while

Unread post by loppa » January 24th, 2008, 7:42 am

I hope i dont have to do all that for a 1 inch lift its not worth the hassle then

bennhw
Here and there

Unread post by bennhw » February 11th, 2008, 8:55 am

Hi again Loppa,

Haven't had a body lift done on my 2000 S Fronty - but I've spoken to the guys at Fourbys in Brisbane who've done one.

Lifting the body isn't difficult, but they cursed the job of bringing the bar work back into line with the panels.

Basically they said they'd never do another one. Big part of the problem is associated with the airbags.

I chose to put my money into a suspension lift and bigger tyres rather than body lift. A body lift won't cure the clearance problem under the fuel tank (4-door models) and likewise won't do anything for clearance under the chassis rails and cross members.

Cheers,

Benn

loppa
Been here a while

Unread post by loppa » February 17th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Hi benn, did they say how much body lift they put on it and if there was any other problem with it other than lifting everthing back up?

bennhw
Here and there

Unread post by bennhw » February 19th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Hi Loppa,

It's a few years ago now, but from memory it was a 2" body lift.

I really don't go into it that much at the time. As I said, the biggest drama they had was with raising the bar work to match the body height. I don't remember them saying anything about gear levers, steering components and the like.

The main reason I asked about it was to see if by raising the body I could raise the fuel tank - but the tank mounts would have to be majorly modified - and there'd be a big problem with clearance of the upper rear control arm on the passenger side.

Cheers,

Benn

bigredsfronti
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by bigredsfronti » March 27th, 2008, 10:33 am

Hi Benn,
I have a 2001 4 door wagon that needs more dround clearance, I am wanting to give my fronti a suspension lift and 31" tyres but I am finging it hard to find a brand of suspension that will do the whole kit. Have you had any luck in this area any tips will be well received.
Regard's

BIGRED

RODEONICK
Here and there

Unread post by RODEONICK » March 27th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Calmini would do a good suspension kit for you but they are quite expensive but they are the best.

loppa
Been here a while

Unread post by loppa » March 29th, 2008, 9:25 am

bigredsfronti wrote:Hi Benn,
I have a 2001 4 door wagon that needs more dround clearance, I am wanting to give my fronti a suspension lift and 31" tyres but I am finging it hard to find a brand of suspension that will do the whole kit. Have you had any luck in this area any tips will be well received.
Regard's

BIGRED
Hey BIGRED i have the 2 door frontera i dont know if they are the same but i put a tough dog kit in mine and i did a 30mm body lift and i running 265 75 16 (32's) on it. Here is a pic for you.

Cheers Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bigredsfronti
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by bigredsfronti » April 4th, 2008, 4:13 pm

Hi Loppa,I am looking at tough dog as I have heard goods things about it and they have got a kit for my Fronti. What size rims do you have to take the bigger rubber. Thanks for your help LOVE YOUR RIG will put some pics up of mine when I do the suspension lift.

Cheers,

Daniel

loppa
Been here a while

Unread post by loppa » April 4th, 2008, 4:34 pm

Hey Daniel the tough dog kit is very good im very happy with the way it performs offroad and gave me good clerance. Im using 16x7 inch rims fr the tyres, I did have 31's on it before the pics and they were just on the standard rims that came with the car. Looking forward to seeing your rig always good to have another fronty driver.

Cheers loppa

Return to “Frontera”