Biggest Frontera in Australia?

Braedos
I'm new, be nice!

Biggest Frontera in Australia?

Unread post by Braedos » June 20th, 2011, 11:43 pm

Do we know who owns it? Or who on here thinks they could contest for the title?

I ask because no-one has really gone extreme with them and I'm currently weighing up a 3in suspension lift coupled with a 3in body lift meaning a total 6inches of lift. Would that put me in the running for it?

pmturnbull
Avid Poster

Re: Biggest Frontera in Australia?

Unread post by pmturnbull » June 21st, 2011, 7:58 pm

there is a 2 door frontera or maybe its a mu and has live axle conversion and jacked up so high it looks like it could sail in a strong side wind lol

loppa
Been here a while

Unread post by loppa » June 21st, 2011, 8:07 pm

pmturnbull wrote:there is a 2 door frontera or maybe its a mu and has live axle conversion and jacked up so high it looks like it could sail in a strong side wind lol

I think the one your talking about is a red mu that has patrol running gear.

Camz
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Camz » December 22nd, 2011, 2:36 pm

I've seen an American Isuzu Rodeo that has had everything done, bar a live axle swap or IFS subframe. Looks pretty mean. It was a black V6, saw it in the 4wd Action forum somewhere.

I would love to see someone spend a bit of money and fabricate some parts to drop the diff, connect the upper control arms to the torsions and the lower control arms to a subframe, etc. I've seen it done to Hilux's with 35-38" tyres, I see no reason why it can't be done with a Frontera.

fronty00
Here and there

Unread post by fronty00 » December 30th, 2011, 9:38 am

It's not that it can't be done it's that with such a small demand no one is willing to do it.
The one thing that hurts the frontera is the height it's to low and the best we can hope for is a 3" calmini lift.
It is a shame because i love my frontera and it is great off road but even with 2" lift it still only comes up to the stock height of some other 4WD's.
Low range is your friend

Return to “Frontera”