leaky MU

jellis
Here and there

leaky MU

Unread post by jellis » March 14th, 2009, 3:11 pm

hey guys, has any one else out there had any problems with water comming in side the cab with a long period of rain or not?

muu92
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by muu92 » March 15th, 2009, 5:01 pm

If it has a sunroof check the drain holes arn't blocked. There is one hole in each corner of the sunroof

MUman
Here and there

Unread post by MUman » March 16th, 2009, 12:43 pm

It would be best if you could locate the leak and then tackle it.
Check the rubber around the doors and rear windows too.

I hope you find and fix it

:thumb:
[size=75]94 3.1L Turbo Diesel MU, 2.5" suspension lift, 2" body Lift, 33" Bighorns, Front and Rear Autolockers, Rock Sliders, alloy winch bar, roof racks, 240 lightforces, UHF, 120amp alternator, dual batteries, snorkel, 80L waeco fridge and turbo timer [/size]

jellis
Here and there

Unread post by jellis » March 23rd, 2009, 2:58 am

muu92 wrote:If it has a sunroof check the drain holes arn't blocked. There is one hole in each corner of the sunroof
yeah i checked that i think it is coming in thru the fire wall. ah well just gotta wait till i get some time off work to ave a really good look.
its a fair bit louder inside without carpet but

jellis
Here and there

Unread post by jellis » March 23rd, 2009, 2:59 am

MUman wrote:It would be best if you could locate the leak and then tackle it.
Check the rubber around the doors and rear windows too.

I hope you find and fix it

:thumb:

so do i

leakovery
Here and there

Unread post by leakovery » May 6th, 2009, 9:58 pm

i bought a landrover discovery real cheap becuase the owners couldnt stop the carpet getting wet. they thought they had sun roof problems so they paid for both to be fitted with new seals , new windscreen too, and door seals. but it was the airconditioner drain tube blocked and backing up and wetting the carpet.l took me 20 seconds to fix. you masy be lucky to have the same problem, look for a small rubber dovvilacky thingamy on either side of the gearbox and sweeze it to break the mud and crap that blocks it. hope it is your proplem.

Mental MU
Avid Poster

Unread post by Mental MU » May 7th, 2009, 9:35 pm

leakovery wrote:i bought a landrover discovery real cheap becuase the owners couldnt stop the carpet getting wet. they thought they had sun roof problems so they paid for both to be fitted with new seals , new windscreen too, and door seals. but it was the airconditioner drain tube blocked and backing up and wetting the carpet.l took me 20 seconds to fix. you masy be lucky to have the same problem, look for a small rubber dovvilacky thingamy on either side of the gearbox and sweeze it to break the mud and crap that blocks it. hope it is your proplem.

Years ago a mate had the same proplem in a hilux.
ISUZU MU.
Drive anything else and you'll never understand!

FisherWA
Been here a while

Unread post by FisherWA » May 27th, 2009, 4:15 pm

Hey mate, check out this thread: showthread.php?t=67290

It may well apply to the MU's.
TDI 80 Series Sahara tourer

v8smithy
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by v8smithy » June 22nd, 2009, 9:34 pm

Hi guys,
My Mu used to leak around the sunroof winder thingy. The gasket seals between all the bits was shot. Fixed it with some RTV sealer run around where gaskets used to be.
My drain holes were working fine, but lots of rain was too much for them, esp. when parked facing up hill so only rear holes were in use. It would pool up around the mechanism and leak in.

No probs now tho.

Cheers

Return to “MU”