Test drove a new MU-X Today! Any other reviews?

lj_eco
I'm new, be nice!

Test drove a new MU-X Today! Any other reviews?

Unread post by lj_eco » March 29th, 2014, 5:37 pm

Test drove an LSM MU-X today. Did my research, compared to Colorado and Challenger. Comes up trumps in my books on many aspects - not the least of which is it's true 4x4 capacity, right down to small details like the clearance/approach/exit angles etc, through to the diamond tip injectors that basically never need replacing. Drove a treat, felt like a 'truck' (true 4x4 triton/hilux) on road and I'm fine with that, in fact i like it. Off road, what little I could squeeze in on a test drive, very steep and wet muddy hill, did what I'd expect of any of the work fleet 4x4's we use in the mountains.

However I find little in the way of user reviews online. Some but limited. Lots of flashy ads, testing at the Thai Isuzu 4x4 world track etc. Wondering what people are thinking of their new pride and joy's. Personally my only complaint is that the 'hard plastic' interior seemed a bit 'inferior'... an old Mazda 121 interior has tougher/solid plastic. Only a minor point but valid I reckon. Any other issues creeping into the very very young market in peoples minds? Tales of epic amazing adventures conquered around oz etc!? Can't really picture a better value for money vehicle at this stage of my driving career....

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Re: Test drove a new MU-X Today! Any other reviews?

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » March 29th, 2014, 8:07 pm

A mates dad just picked one of these up, with all the accessories available direct from Isuzu - bigger tyres, nice rims, bull bar, lift kit etc. He seems happy with it, just mentioned changing gears is a bit weird.

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

lj_eco
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by lj_eco » March 29th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Yeah haven't looked into costing accessories but have seen after market stuff is, naturally, hard to come by. Lift kit, i like.

Found gears weird to start with too, but after 5 minutes i just realised they are not too different than a hilux or the like. Real 'truck' feel

Doddles
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Doddles » April 2nd, 2014, 4:09 pm

Had our MUX, also an LS-M, for a month now, finally getting a chance to get it muddy this weekend.

Road - Urban; love the way it handles around town, looks like we will get close to 800k from a tank (12km/l or 8.5l/100km). Nice turning circle and very responsive.
Road - Rural; only had the one run to the gong and back and I wasn't in it but apparently it was ultra smooth, wife got bored driving as there wasn't the need to change gears as often as the old patrol

Extras - sales blokes suggested ARB for the bullbar as an alternative - there was one on a DMax in the yard but I found it too bulky and opted for the OEM version. Also had the snorkel and steps fitted as well as tow bar.

No one does roof racks yet

My first priority will be a guard for the spare - may find a hard cover off something else and knock one together.

Will provide update after it goes bush

Doddles
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Doddles » April 5th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Well the MU-X acquitted itself very nicely today. ZigZag was damp & slippery but the MUX just crawled its way up through everything.
4L - what a monster - plenty of grunt to just plod up and over anything, holds low revs evenly.
4H - very capable and excellent control

For a stock standard beast she went everywhere I tried - but then again common sense prevailed as well!

CHH63
Getting to know the place

Unread post by CHH63 » April 25th, 2014, 9:32 pm

Came across this comparo of the MuX V Colorado 7 today which puts the MUX ahead.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/279783/hold ... on-review/

Anyone actually owning and driving a MUX? It seems that the LSM is a pretty good buy. The LST looks great also but includes a lot of extras you don't really need or could add to the LSM with better after market options.

Doddles
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Doddles » April 30th, 2014, 11:20 am

Just reflecting on the choice of an LS-M vs LS-U / LS-T
The determining factor was I didn't want chrome grills, handles, mirrors - why do they do that to a car?

Sir Snagger
Part of the furniture

Any other reviews?

Unread post by Sir Snagger » September 29th, 2014, 1:13 am

Any more reviews from you folk that have bought one of these beasts? Doing our research into new cars at present. Keen to hear experiences regarding fuel economy, problems, space, kids/babies as we don't want to have to trade up in a few years when we start our family.

Dmaxqld
Been here a while

Unread post by Dmaxqld » September 29th, 2014, 10:36 am

Have a look over on the 4x4 Earth forum. They have a healthy MUX discussion thread.

Return to “MU”