Has anyone got a New MU-X yet?? Thoughts??

JC807
Been here a while

Re: Has anyone got a New MU-X yet?? Thoughts??

Unread post by JC807 » February 10th, 2014, 6:13 am

Meeeow
previous:-> 06 BF XR6T, 74 KE20 4AGTE, 04 RZN149R, 01 AE112R, 01 KR42R, 84 E30 318i, 67 MINI DELUXE
current:-> 08 VOLVO V50 T5 AWD, MY13 ISUZU D-MAX 4X4

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » February 10th, 2014, 8:39 am

Gimp4930

That is a picture of an engine on a stand and not one in a vehicle so the THINGS could be representative of anything. Just not typical that is all. Who has red panels and heat shields anyway? Pretty.

Gimp4930
Here and there

Unread post by Gimp4930 » February 19th, 2014, 3:35 pm

mydmax

Yes it was at the Isuzu stand at the motor show, so the engine is the 3 litre diesel and the THINGS are coloured to be more visible to viewers.
Anyway thanks for your informative contribution.
Do or do not, there is no try YODA

Gimp4930
Here and there

Unread post by Gimp4930 » February 19th, 2014, 3:44 pm

For those interested these are some pics also from the Isuzu stand of the MU-X chassis.
the coloured (5 link rear end) things are pretty but who has blue lights inside their wheels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do or do not, there is no try YODA

mattnlaurie
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by mattnlaurie » May 14th, 2014, 10:58 am

Yep, I have one!!! Woo Hoo!

AVG fuel with 1800k on the clock is 7.9, all usage. And this is in the LST (top spec).

Aftermarket gear is coming. I have an email from my local ARB and TJM with attached internal emails (no, I'm not putting them up) and have also spoken with a Brisbane ARB rep (who owns one too) and the gear is coming. The fella in BNE said "If it isn't coming, then my boss is lying to me!". The demand has surprised them both apparently. TJM advises that the snorkel is already available.

Isuzu has a 2" lift from EFS, there's a long range tank about to be released (once they figure out the rear bar, will be a package apparently. They don't want to remove the spare from under without somewhere to put it) and bigger tyres fit rather easily. This info was on show and in there aftermarket brochure/book and would have been ticked by me, if we didn't have 2 days to do finance and pickup before heading home (~850klms)!!

As mentioned, it is a very lazy car to drive, none of the hunting and bollocks of the C7 6 speed (we drove them back to back) and I couldn't find the extra ~150Nm that the Holden claims to have over the MU-X. In fact, this thing drove better off the lot that the bloody C7 did!. What surprised me most is that all of the crap (3 kids, Mrs and me for a week) that we had in the GU IV we drove to Brisbane in fit for the drive back South! Well, all bar a squishie tub but I don't think that counts.

Anyway, if you're in the market for the Prado/Paj/C7, even the Patrol, I don't think you will be disappointed, so long as you remember it's IFS.

And No, I don't work for Isuzu.

CHH63
Getting to know the place

Unread post by CHH63 » May 20th, 2014, 8:08 pm

My local ARB dealer denies any knowledge of products on their way or under development. Has anyone else any news?

CHH63

Unread post by CHH63 » May 23rd, 2014, 7:54 pm

Test drive a LST today. Pretty nice around town. Ok on the highway. Found the speed shift option great to maunually select a lower great to overtake trucks etc. All round pretty impressive for 130kw diesel.

No insights on ARB products though. Dealer had not heard anything and could not package one in the drive away pricing.

CHH63

Unread post by CHH63 » May 24th, 2014, 9:09 pm

TJM products on their website.

CHH63

Unread post by CHH63 » May 29th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Anyone got any updates on aftermarket bars. TJM deliveries are several weeks away apparently but still no news from ARB. I'm looking at the TJM outback bar at the moment but interested in other offerings and pricing and delivery dates. Happy to receive a pm if your intel is too hot for public forums :-)

SparkieKev
Been here a while

Unread post by SparkieKev » May 31st, 2014, 12:59 pm

Really going for the flashy rides these days Bigmav! Cubic capacity and contributing to global warming are still my style.
Just wanted to say g'day mate.

viewtopic.php?f=187&t=138695
Supercharged 6.5L chev diesel GU wagon build thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=138695

CHH63

Unread post by CHH63 » June 7th, 2014, 5:59 pm

MUX-LST-web.jpg
My LS-T arrived yesterday and had a day trip around Northern NSW - Nightcap NP etc. This replaced my SDX -BT-50 which was written off 2 years back. Added some A/T Duelers from the dealer before delivery and weather shields and tow bar. Waiting for Bull Bar options. TJM have them to sell, just no stock yet. ARB say their version in still under development.

Verdict , Very pleased. It is much better to drive on the open roads than the old SDX BT-50 and while the only off black top driving today was through NP gravel roads it was a very comfortable drive. The 5 speed auto picked the right gear each time and when needing to overtake caravans etc on the highway, a kick of the pedal and the MU-X took off without any issues. Since my BT I have been driving a SV6 Sportswagon and was concerned the loss of about 80kw of power would be an issue, the turbo diesel performed very well. The audio and navigation system work well and accurate. My only negative so far is the lack of steering wheel reach adjustment. Its just up and down.

If you don't want or need a ute, then give the MU-X some consideration.

PS I. Although Isuzu like to promote the MUX as part of the Isuzu Ute range I'll start a thread under the MU topic to bring MuX discussions together. Unless admins can add a new MUX heading.:-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xtrailing
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by xtrailing » August 7th, 2014, 7:39 pm

Just picked up my LS-T on Friday and very happy. Been up the Powerline track in Perth and it just idles up the steep stuff. Does need some more clearance for the serious stuff and was wondering if I can fit bigger tyres without a lift?

Return to “MU”