If it can't be fixed with duct tape or a hammer, It must be electrical
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=138912&hilit=mungrel%27
Photography Page: http://www.facebook.com/MungrelImages

When in doubt,

Sir Snagger
Part of the furniture

Re: Post your Jackaroo!

Unread post by Sir Snagger » May 7th, 2012, 10:08 pm

JuSSy77 wrote:Is there a big increse in power with the supercharger? Not that they aren't powerful already...lol
Well they dyno'd it before and after install and it went from 149HP to 168HP as it is now. It max's out at 175HP with an open air box (or if a snorkel were to be fitted) and thats max it'll go until modifications are made to allow more fuel to be pumped into the engine! I had the smallest gains of the 3 test cars cos I had the healthiest engine to start with (@ 149HP). The other 2 engines started at about 128HP & 131HP and maxed out the same as mine. I think they're working in putting a 7th injector in for the increased fuel supply that will allow more pressure to be pushed into it.

Mungrel
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Mungrel » May 8th, 2012, 7:19 am

Couldn't they just upgrade the injectors & fuel pump Snagger?
I'm guessing the ecu may be the stumbling block for that option though?

When in doubt,

Sir Snagger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Sir Snagger » May 8th, 2012, 1:04 pm

I'm not technically minded enough to figure out what they're talking about half the time, but they've suggested a fuel pump upgrade anyway to a WALBRO 255 GSS341 or GSS342 fuel pump which are rated for 500HP engines...so no problems there. As for the ECU they were working on hacking into I think so they could piggy back the original, and had thought about maybe using a HALTECH module as well. Still a lot more R&D work to go into it yet! The main thing they're working on atm was meant to be a 7th injector which would fit quite easily and would piggy back off the current ECU to solve the limited fuel problems.

Mungrel
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Mungrel » May 8th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Those walbro pumps are awesome, i've got the GSS341 in my ute, The fuel tank sits right behind the cabin and the pump sounds brilliant!

When in doubt,

Dree Mon
Avid Poster

Unread post by Dree Mon » May 8th, 2012, 4:05 pm

Hey P.B. Nice new front bar ! heaps better than the nudge bar, you fitting some fog lights in the bar cutouts?
I still have good tread on my rears :rolleyes: the bfg's grip well so it feels like its hurting something when I play Mr Revhead .

Edit. Plus I'll be turning the big 50 this weekend, time for me to grow up? :lol: ha ha , I even make myself laugh :drink:

Mongrel . great pics ! I can see your mud flares work as good as mine, :D and whats with your snork?

Sir Snagger, very nice work ! wish I could do something like that to mine but saving for another work ute, not long before mine gets the yellow sticker on it, (not the jack)

what HP do you think you'll end up with? . economy . . . with bigger fuel pump, an extra injector " #7" ? don't know if you'll be saving any fuel but your right foot should be happy as :D :thumb:

Sir Snagger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Sir Snagger » May 8th, 2012, 4:18 pm

To be honest I have no idea how far it'll go with even more modifying. The fellows doing all the hard yakka on it seem to think theres no real limit to how far it could be wound up in terms of power production once the fuel issues are resolved, but yes, I don't think fuel economy is foremost in the plan. Time will tell I think and I'm sure I'll let ya's know how it goes if and when I can do more to it!

Mungrel
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Mungrel » May 8th, 2012, 5:16 pm

Ahh the big 5-0 Dree, congrats champ, hope ya have a great one.
As for the snorkel, well i took it off when the last airbox blew its lid, and im just too lazy to re-work the design into the existing ducting. Had a few lifestyle changes shall we say so its been put on the back burner a bit.
And yep, the flares weren't too useful at keeping the mud off :lol:

When in doubt,

patrol buster
Been here a while

Unread post by patrol buster » May 9th, 2012, 8:07 am

Happy birthday Johnny, i turned 44 a couple of weeks ago and don't feel a day over 165 :lol: :lol: and as far as growing up, stuff that. :D
As for the bar i'm just putting in the standard parker/blinker combo.

DIRTYJACK
Avid Poster

Unread post by DIRTYJACK » May 9th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Happy birthday Dree.
Now you know why you've got my old flares mate. They do work better if you keep the steering wheel straight.
My flares are 100mm wide and I still get mud on the side.
Still buttering up the misses for the blower.

patrol buster
Been here a while

Unread post by patrol buster » May 10th, 2012, 7:28 am

Everybody keeps talking about blowers and i'm not aloud one, i'm going to cry now :cry: :lol: :lol:
What sort of work ute are you looking at getting Johnny as there has been a few out my way up for sale the last couple of months (even one like ya got now).

Dree Mon
Avid Poster

Unread post by Dree Mon » May 10th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Thanks for the B'day wishes and not calling me an old fart :D

Don't really know when I "Have" to get another ute, might squeeze another yr or 2 outa this old girl, everything on it is great it's just the cab has uncontrollable rust, might see if I can find just a single cab and bolt it onto mine, or buy a gen 1 jack and chop it into a ute ?

The flares do help, if ya gonna drive through mud ya can't expect it to come out clean on the other side :D

Hey Dirty, have you done any of the replacement parts from the donor jack? pics please :thumb:

DIRTYJACK
Avid Poster

Unread post by DIRTYJACK » May 14th, 2012, 10:10 pm

Still only replaced the door,bonnet and electric arial so far.
PS. I lovvvvvvvve the scoop :D

Dree Mon
Avid Poster

Unread post by Dree Mon » June 8th, 2012, 11:10 am

Hey Dirty, with the elect antenna , , how will it go on the tracks? I just fit a new one ( non elect this time) but it's already bent, does it extend every time the radio's on?

Here's a pic of some spotties I fit to the front, there was a thread on cheap DIY mods and apparently I WON :D 6 issues of 4wd action mags, my mod was for anti theft spotties, so look for a Jackaroo when it comes out . . . It might not have the same number plate. :cool:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

patrol buster
Been here a while

Unread post by patrol buster » June 9th, 2012, 6:12 pm

Good on ya johnny, well done mate :thumb: .
Just did the "D'Aguilar Range" run in the dirty weekends book (got new one now too) today and would recommend it, had a blast with the hill climb and i didn't break anything :D .

Return to “Jackaroo”