What hose goes here? 3.0TD

toobs
Been here a while

What hose goes here? 3.0TD

Unread post by toobs » June 28th, 2014, 9:04 pm

I'm pretty sure there was a hose attached to this unit before I pulled everything apart. Now I can't find the mystery hose (if there even is one!)
Can anyone identify what this unit is and where the hose should go to/come from?
Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mydmax
Need to get out more

Re: What hose goes here? 3.0TD

Unread post by mydmax » June 28th, 2014, 10:55 pm

It looks like a MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor). If it hasn't got a direct fitting into the manifold to sense pressure, then it will have to have a small hose feeding into it which comes from the manifold.

It is possible the tit for the hose has been broken off, if it's meant to be hose fed.

The fact it is bolted to the manifold sort of indicates a direct port feed into the sensor and it would have an O ring seal I would expect. Therefore no hose connection. Best to check!

toobs
Been here a while

Unread post by toobs » July 1st, 2014, 11:32 pm

The hose barb sticks out underneath the unit and looks like it takes a -6 size hose, sorry I couldn't get in underneath for a better shot, I was feeling a bit lazy by that stage and didn't want to take the unit off the head.

Captain Cupcake
Avid Poster

Unread post by Captain Cupcake » February 11th, 2015, 9:33 pm

This may be able to help. Picture of the MAP sensor and pipe connections.
As you can see, the pipe connects from the MAP sensor to a port just below the EGR valve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RichW
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by RichW » June 1st, 2015, 5:14 pm

Yes just finished my hoses. This is the MAP sensor. Carefully take off the electrical 3 wire fitting and you will see the barb behind this. I have used solid but flexible Vac/Pressure hose about 4mm ID from good auto dealer. Other end plugs into the output from inlet manifold under the EGR valve. That is the outlet point that gums up so use a curved piece of clothes hanger wire to ensure it is open before pushing the tubing onto it. I have blocked mine. I made a new fitting on the top of the manifold (LHS) but must use heavy grease when drilling (slow speed - clean often - using a grease covered stick in the hole and also for thread cutting). You dont want bits in the engine so take it slow and clean out often - recharge with grease each time you are clearing metal chips. I have also set up a clean out point by using a right angle 1/8 inch BSP to 3/16 inch barb with square corner section. Thread up to a standard 3/16inch thread or metric (if you are younger than me) and use a fibre washer underneath to seal it off. If you have taken off all the vac hoses that is a fun job setting it set up so get a diagram and work through it carefully. Where hoses are branched from tees it is smart to keep them equal in length to balance pressures. There are two check valves Green ends white central parts (one way flow) under the inlet manifold and these are important if you dont want to blow black fuel smoke every time you press the accelerator. Have fun!!

Return to “Jackaroo”