What sort & where for Recovery Points for Rodeo?

nickxb
Here and there

What sort & where for Recovery Points for Rodeo?

Unread post by nickxb » March 10th, 2010, 12:26 pm

Hey guys

I am new the 4wd scene and have just bought an 04 Rodeo. I have noticed that there is a lack of recovery points for snatching and I want to get some put on however have no idea where to start.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nick

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 10th, 2010, 1:46 pm

There is a heap of info available in the General Fourby and General Tech sections, probly a heap more than specifically in the Model areas, and it's all available thru the search facility even if you only search the titles.

And I recommend that you read one of the stickies on Creating a New Thread? Read me First! If there isn't one in this section, check in Announcements and Forum Issues. That title is really the key to your search, and anyone else's too, so try and refine it down to exactly what you are after - something like 'What sort of Front Recovery points for Rodeo?' is probly more likely to get a good response than just 'Recovery Points' which could mean pretty much anything about them.

Good Hunting!
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

STEELJOCKEY
Part of the furniture

Unread post by STEELJOCKEY » March 11th, 2010, 6:29 am

Try here

page 2 - "snatch point"

showthread.php?t=77384
My 2007 Rodeo RA7 build threadviewtopic.php?f=27&t=76391
My home built Slide-on camper viewtopic.php?f=134&t=84792

nickxb
Here and there

Unread post by nickxb » March 11th, 2010, 1:56 pm

Thanks for the link, I have searched this website (and others) and still cant find the info i am after. It appears that there is some mixed information as to the tie down point on the front of the rodeo.

I have been told by Holden not to use it for recoverys however many people have said that they have used it without any problems.

I still think it looks a bit weak and am not keen on using so i am looking for other alternatives.

I have called TJM and ARB who have both said took hooks cant be fitted to the front as there is no where to mount them. apparently the one place they can be mounted, there is a aircon hose that will get in the way.

Can anyone shed some light on what they use and provide some pics?

I have a feeling that Im not going to be able to have front recovery points without a bull bar.

Any help would be great

Nick

Nupty
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Nupty » June 5th, 2010, 9:03 am

Hi Nick. I have an ARB delux winch bar which comes with 2 chassis mounted recovery points. If I get bogged (which hasn't happened yet) I have an equaliser strap to distribute the load between the two points. I also have a 50mm tow bar slide recovery hitch. Some people just put the snatch strap into the hitch point and slide the pin through the strap.

Fezz
Been here a while

Unread post by Fezz » June 6th, 2010, 7:05 pm

Here is what i have done for mine. After visiting every 4x4 shop in the area i spoke to the Holden dealer and he gave me the original tow points from the rear of the Rodeo/Colarado which they remove from the vehicle when fitting tow bars. I took them around to a Mining engineer i know and after a bit of poking and looking around under the ute he said that this location on the bullbar mount plates would be strong enough to use.
they arent rated but the advice of the engineer i saw and others who have seen the finished product since was/is good enough for me to go ahead and fit them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

holden77
Here and there

Re: What sort & where for Recovery Points for Rodeo?

Unread post by holden77 » December 23rd, 2010, 5:45 pm

Hi guys, I've just purchased a RA Rodeo and have been told the same thing as nickxb by ARB. I'm not sure what to do either but Fezz's option looks like a good one. I think it's a little ridiculous that Holden can't suggest a rated option considering it's a 4wd. I certainly wouldn't want the factory hitch coming through someones windscreen.

just driftin
Here and there

Front recovery points - anyone got pics??

Unread post by just driftin » December 21st, 2015, 9:40 pm

Does anyone have front recovery points fitted to their Rodeo that they could post pics of? For the life of me I can not find any where to mount them on the chassis short of welding them to or drilling holes in the chassis. searches have found nothing. I have witnessed first hand the results of using the bull bar mounts at the front of the chassis with the bull bar being pulled completely of the front of the vehicle. Surely there is someone or company that makes or fits them. I know most 4wd clubs worth their salt wouldn't accept a vehicle for any trips without a dedicated recovery point.

Cheers,
JD

Return to “Rodeo”