RA VRV, EGR Valves + MAF sensor

fugwurgin
Here and there

Re: RA VRV, EGR Valves + MAF sensor

Unread post by fugwurgin » November 29th, 2010, 5:22 pm

hi dkbikes
The vsv valve is kinda a sealed unit and cant be cleaned, however if its one of the early rodeos with the 2 hoses (not the 3), you can pop the round plastic clip off the bottom and check the filter membrane. If its dirty and clogged you could tear it out carefully and replace it with similar filter paper. I used a dried out baby wipe to replace mine.
As far as the MAF is concerned, only use the proper CRC or maf cleaner products, dont use metho as it can damage the unit as they are very sensitive- i learnt that the hard way. If you have the proper torx bit, undo the sensor and give it a spray, let it dry before you put it back in.
TheEGR is easy to clean. Undo all the bolts\nuts holding it on, including the egr pipe which goes to the intake. Be careful not to drop anything down there. Take note of which way the metal gasket goes. Use metho or degreaser to spray in it to flush the carbo\soot build up out. Gently rub with a cloth that wont leave threads until it looks clean. Be careful not to force the valve as it could damage the diaphram.
bolt back on and hope for the best.

dkbikes
Here and there

Unread post by dkbikes » November 29th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Hey thanks heaps for that, thats exactly wat i did, apart from the vrv which i will give that a go tommoro, thanks agaian
Thanks
snorkel,k&n,Arb Compressor,265/75 bighorns,2" Suspension, 2" body, 3" exhaust,boost controller,RooChip,Heaps of LED's,xrox bar,Lightforce 140&240's,
Winch
037OUR

dkbikes
Here and there

Unread post by dkbikes » November 30th, 2010, 9:45 pm

cleaned the vrv valve today, that filter was pretty much blocked, dont no how it was suckin but it still was, changed it over for a new one no differeance but yeh will keep an eye on the new filter to see how it goes, thanks again
Thanks
snorkel,k&n,Arb Compressor,265/75 bighorns,2" Suspension, 2" body, 3" exhaust,boost controller,RooChip,Heaps of LED's,xrox bar,Lightforce 140&240's,
Winch
037OUR

emosh99
Here and there

Unread post by emosh99 » December 1st, 2010, 8:49 pm

The Seth wrote:The tank has a 70ltr capacity but the way my fueling nozzle is placed it doesnt really let me get much more then 64ltrs in (with a lot of tray shaking and trickling the fuel in). Not to mention i have a super cab and an al tray so she doesn't weigh was much as others, plus im pretty gentle on the throttle as i plan to get 20years out of this car.

And thoes numbers sound pretty crappy, im at half a tank atm with 327k's on it since refuel. You running larger tyres/lots of accessoires?

Well the only things I can think that will add some decent weight are the bullbar and the fiberglass canopy (obviously much lighter then steel but it is fairly large and not very aerodynamic)

I put in a K&N filter, so far I'm getting a fair bit better economy but I'll keep you posted after I go through my first full tank with it on.

emosh99
Here and there

Unread post by emosh99 » December 1st, 2010, 8:50 pm

on and 31's

dkbikes
Here and there

Unread post by dkbikes » December 1st, 2010, 10:02 pm

Wow tgats bad fuel eccon, i get about 500 from mine and thats towing a trailer all week which weighs about 1.5t and i run 32's i noticed running my tires on 40 made a heap of differance
Thanks
Winch
037OUR

emosh99
Here and there

Unread post by emosh99 » December 2nd, 2010, 6:02 pm

well full to empty for mine is 45ltrs on the dot... is that the same for you all?

this weekend in planning to block the egr, replace that other vrv filter and give her a service.

emosh99
Here and there

Unread post by emosh99 » December 2nd, 2010, 6:05 pm

ps apart from having to bleed out the tank, could i do any other harm by completely running on empty to see how much my tank actually takes?

i'm starting to think i have a smaller tank...

jackedRA
Here and there

Unread post by jackedRA » December 4th, 2010, 4:25 pm

[quote="emosh99"]well full to empty for mine is 45ltrs on the dot... is that the same for you all?

hey mate,
when u fill up is it as soon as the fuel light comes on?, if so there was a problem with the rodeos fuel sensor reader, would always produce fuel light even when, and is generally the case you still have about 20-25 litres left in the tank(diesel anyway, not sure bout v6).
I have similar problem, have ran it dry from when fuel light came on and went another 250+ km. i dont suggest running dry, expensive exercise, but as a rule of thumb, generally 200km after fuel light comes on fill her up.
this is also dependant on driving conditions, weight etc, trial and error worked for me. i get about 550 to 600 around town and upward of 700 on the highway.
cheers

emosh99
Here and there

Unread post by emosh99 » December 5th, 2010, 5:48 pm

Hey mate

Most of the time i fill her up just before she hits the empty mark. Well good to know I have roughly 200kms worth of diesel left... just in case. I'm used only having around 50-60kms spare

Thanks for the info!

dkbikes
Here and there

Unread post by dkbikes » December 6th, 2010, 7:01 pm

I just pu 61 ltrs in mine and the fuel liggt just came on about 20kms ago,
Thanks
Winch
037OUR

plainsrodeo
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by plainsrodeo » December 12th, 2010, 8:14 am

hey guys,
just wondering wether anyone has experienced these problems in an 07 3.0ltd?
my parents 04 model is having these problems but ive only just got the 07.

The Seth
Here and there

Unread post by The Seth » December 12th, 2010, 10:22 am

What problems exactly are you refering to?

Lack of power and crappy fuel useage?
Intake soot build up?

plainsrodeo
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by plainsrodeo » December 12th, 2010, 1:48 pm

The Seth wrote:What problems exactly are you refering to?

Lack of power and crappy fuel useage?
Intake soot build up?
well ive only just got my 07 rodeo dual cab and am dissapointed with the fuel consumption so far, around 11litres per hundred completely unladen. heard others quoting well under 10per hundred.

my parents o4 dual cab is worse but also occasionaly the power seems to cut out almost like lack of fuel? wondering wether this is anything to do with the maf sensor or egr valve.

jackedRA
Here and there

Unread post by jackedRA » December 15th, 2010, 6:26 am

just priced up the vrv and the egr at my local eagers store. can get the vrv for $311 and the egr and gaskets for $400. seems the original vrv which kept failing is the more expensive one. just thought id share the prices.
side note: didnt need the new ecu mechanic was full of it, couldnt be bothered i am assuming, any way worked out cheaper

Return to “Rodeo”