Show us your Rodeo

sambo88
Been here a while

Re: Show us your Rodeo

Unread post by sambo88 » March 26th, 2014, 9:02 pm

yeah I wasn't impressed with the tigerz awning. It was mounted to a cruiser at the local store and had an over hang of about 30 cm from the closest mounting point on the roofrack put and I could wiggle it around and nearly bent the alloy track! the roo's one mounted on another structure had the same overhang and didn't budge at all!

Not saying that is a quality imperfection as I'm sure your tigerz one will last just as long as mine, I was only concerned about that due to how I was going to mount mine with the middle not having much support!

aussierodeo
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by aussierodeo » April 20th, 2014, 8:40 pm

unfortunatly its only 2wd atm but im making big plans and slowly getting the parts etc there few things i want done first like some 33s and barwork. Image

Robdeo
Avid Poster

Unread post by Robdeo » April 22nd, 2014, 9:33 am

Hey AussieRodeo, the spotties are a loooong way back??

rodeorollin
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by rodeorollin » May 8th, 2014, 6:25 pm

so im getting my intercooler installed in the near future into my 99 td rodeo, the whole process is a bit much for me to do.

once the intercooler goes in, ill have the fuel pump upgraded and re-built to handle the boost increase, also will have a turbo guage put in to keep an eye on things. question is what psi should I run? im pretty sure its at about 10 or 11 at the moment, pretty standard, haven't had much done on the turbo.
I was thinking of putting it to about 18 to 20psi. iv had the exhaust done, snorkel done and a K an N air filter put in already so its running pretty well.

hazza80
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by hazza80 » May 19th, 2014, 7:05 pm

Here is my '05 RA Rodeo
Extras include:
Snorkel, 2" Raw shocks, EFS leaf, TJM bar with scrub bars and side rails, ARB rear bar with 100ah AGM batt, Steinbauer chip and 3" exhaust, 245/75/16 (31") Bighorns with sunnys, tray with toolboxes and custom rack, roof top tent, awning, spotties, sand grabbers, 93 000km
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MasterInnovator
Avid Poster

Unread post by MasterInnovator » May 19th, 2014, 7:23 pm

Nice looking deo hazza, looks to be pretty well setup

coskuncandemir
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by coskuncandemir » May 20th, 2014, 11:13 pm

This is my beast, 2003 turbo diesel, Chipped ecu, 3inch zorst from the dump down, K&N air filter, upgraded TJM front bar, UHF, Have a 2.5 inch lift ready to slap on and a comfy synthetic tray.
Will be getting a bar welded onto the top of the tray for some roof height spotties, and probably downgrading to the original steelies with some BFG all terrains.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

terryhillbilly
Here and there

Unread post by terryhillbilly » May 21st, 2014, 1:18 pm

ute.jpg
My first 4x4.

I could never really get into the the whole 4WD thing. Until my bro took me for a bash in his GQ Patrol. I never thought ordinary road going vehicles could climb the stuff we climbed that day. Anyhow i was hooked.

Picked up this 2000 Rodeo Sport LT for $4500.
A few details.
3.2 Petrol, 5spd manual. 300000ks but drives like its got a lot less.
Side steps, nudge bar. EFS suspension.

Stuff i have done.
I have changed all fluids. (i like to start with a clean slate after that many km's).
Removed all the stickers (what a pain that was)
Added a UHF.
Changed a few interior lights to LED
Removed the ratty old canopy it came with.
Added a tonneau cover.
Added 2 x babyseats in the rear :(

Now for the shopping list. (Hope the wife doesn't see this)
LED flood lights upfront.
Canvas canopy.
Duel battery system (half finished)
Roof basket
Camping flood lights
Snorkel
Unifilter/k&n
Diff and gearbox breathers
Steel bull bar.
A/T tyres
Tidy up the paint work a little.
Recovery kit.
2in lift (all tho the rear sits 50mm above standard so i may need to only wind up the front. more investigation required)

Cant wait to unlock Australia in this truck.
Terry

rodeorollin
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by rodeorollin » June 23rd, 2014, 8:45 pm

finally got the intercooler in, getting it on the dyno and my fuel pump tuned and sorted Thursday, the fuel efficiency has changed sooo much, getting a bit over 500klm a tank, not sure exactly what it will get tho, I towed the boat the first 280klms of that tank so I may go a bit further.

ncundy
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by ncundy » July 13th, 2014, 1:14 pm

Hi all,

This is my 1996 TF Holden Rodeo Dual Cab. Recently purchased for $4K. It came pretty much as pictured apart from spotlights and UHF. Engine is in superb condition for 245,000km - no leaks etc and has a Turbo timer fitted. Don't know too much about Turbo timers - i use it to let it cool down after a long drive.

Current mods:
- installed dual battery setup
piranha battery tray under bonnet
RedArc isolator
baintech fuse board
- Narva 175 driving lights
wired up with switch in cabin (links to high beam)
- 12 sockets in rear cabin (I'm running a inverter and a engel fridge off each)
(2 x 6mm wiring from bonnet to rear in conduit for each). Fused at fuse box and immediately before socket

Next mods:
- ARB CMKA12 on board air compressor (will do before august trip)
- replace tailgate with centre pull tailgate
- add rear LED work lights with switch in cabin.

Doing a trip from Adelaide to Darwin in August - Flinders Ranges, Maree, Oodnadatta Track, Uluru, Alice Springs, Tanami Track, Kunnanurra, Darwin etc.

Any Tips/ideas??!

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » July 13th, 2014, 2:17 pm

rodeorollin
Nice install of the intercooler. Looks the goods.

rodeorollin
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by rodeorollin » July 13th, 2014, 7:47 pm

cheers mydmax, fitted up really well and nice and tight with the bonnet scoop, getting heaps cold air in, engine temperature has been really low.

ncundy sounds like you have a nice set up going there. I think I might get the duel battery set up going too.

C_Watt
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by C_Watt » July 19th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Hi all, new to the site. Thought Id jump in and show you mine.its a 2003 3ltr turbo diesel. had it for about a year, only thing Ive done to it is put roof racks for work (not all pictured), 15inch rims and 31's on it. I'm sure I'll do more :) cheers.
IMG_1133.PNG
IMG_1424.JPG

Robdeo
Avid Poster

Unread post by Robdeo » July 21st, 2014, 9:41 am

Welcome C_Watt.

Off road performance (and lets face it, looks) from the tyres/rims upgrade make a huge difference!

Looks good. Now get her dirty :-)

w1LLz_rodeo
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by w1LLz_rodeo » September 28th, 2014, 10:17 pm

There are some nice rodeos here. Mine is a 2008 ra 4wd, had for about two years was pretty stock standard when I got it.

Mods so far -
265/75/16 bridgestone muddies
Air compressor with 18ltr air tank
Front Lokka
Secondary fuel filter
Spotties
Led lightbar
2" tough dog suspension lift
Winch
TJM Alloy bullbar (winch ready)

Mods on the wish list -
16" black sunraysias