Show us your Rodeo

kiwi as bro
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Show us your Rodeo

Unread post by kiwi as bro » July 17th, 2013, 11:33 am

Cheers mate, have you done any fuel pump mods? What rpm does the t28 start winding up? Is it one off a nissan silvia?
Keep us posted!

gilestim
Here and there

Unread post by gilestim » July 20th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Yeah mate shes of a Silvia, just wound fuel up on pump to suit, 20 psi wastgate spring, gettin around 10 psi at 2500, 15 psi at 3000 and can get 18 out of it at 3500 but by that time u cant get much out of these motors, hense why im ganna go back to a bit smaller turbo so I can get the higher boost earlier, I got a egt gauge fited so i've just been tuning to temps at moment, but when I get new turbo on i'll put it on the dyno again

Sparkys
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Sparkys » July 25th, 2013, 9:01 am

Here is the latest picture of my Rodeo, and she's up for sale now.

If you're interested check out Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/m-my-ad.html?adId=1024275207

rodeorollin
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by rodeorollin » September 11th, 2013, 9:30 pm

killed the battery in a sketchy spot...gotta watch those dam water releases.

remi179
Getting to know the place

Unread post by remi179 » October 24th, 2013, 7:21 pm

Image gettin there now :)ImageImage

cotts
Here and there

Unread post by cotts » October 26th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Looking good remi!

sambo88
Been here a while

Unread post by sambo88 » November 13th, 2013, 9:43 pm

so thought I'd finally put up some pics of my new rodee after getting rid of the 2.6L dual cab I had (actually sold it to my brother) ended up with a 2001 4jb1t rodee. I've had it for a bout a year now and have done a small collection of things to it.

- Fitted Snorkel
- Installed EFS rear springs, lifting approx 45mm at the rear, wound the front up about 30mm. I know could go more but didn't want to put to much stress on the cv's. Did this about 4 weeks ago, the ride is a lot nicer now
- Replaced the old worn out steel tray with an alloy one. The old tray had a rotten wooden floor, actually put my foot through it when standing on the back, that's when I knew it had to go
- Replaced the radiator after a pretty scary overheat, lucky enough didn't fry the engine
- After that had to replace every darn radiator hose as one cracked... then another... then another. so decided to do the lot
- Had the old fuel pump issue leaking air when first cranking over, installed a small fuel pump controlled manually via a switch in the cabin to remove the starting issue
- Turbo timer already came installed - don't really see the benefit of it as its not hard to sit in the car for a minute while it cools down after a long drive
- sprayed the original rodee rims black
- installed central locking and uhf radio
- took out the bench seat and fitting a pair or bucket seats from a wreck
- tinted the windows, the first thing I did and was the best, keeps all that sun out!
- replaced battery

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment. My future plans are still pretty basic

- Install 2nd battery under tray
- Possible 2'' body lift
- Upgrade the rubber when the ones on it are used up
- spray rust proofing
- paint bullbar black
- respray the cab

I don't have any pics of the bucket seats or her with the lift but I'm sure you can all picture it as it looks like all the other awesome rodee's on it... Except for the ones that are sassed :redface:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dustyheadache
Here and there

Unread post by dustyheadache » November 15th, 2013, 6:40 pm

Hey what's up Rodeo owners here is my new 1994 Dual cab Rodeo. Running A stock 2.8 Turbo diesel engine and pretty much everything else is stock as A rock. Loving it so far except it is very loud it makes me feel like I am driving A truck :D
20131115_163154.jpg
Next pic is of A rear step bar that came with my ute looks pretty decent got A few comments from guys at work about it so it must look nice.
20131115_163222.jpg
And the last pic is of the rear recovery point that is still mounted to the chassis and when I took A look at the front this morning I saw another hook the same on the front chassis rail so the previous owners must have put A RP on the front end, Bonus for me :D
20131115_163243.jpg

Upcoming mods include in order are, Suspension upgrade including A 2" lift in the rear and torsion bar adjust at the front. (Thinking of going for foam cell shocks in the front end and either nitro or adjustable shocks in the rear), Decent set of 31" AT tyres with some new rims (can someone suggest a good choice of rim), ARB Bullbar, UHF and A console made up as there is no room for anything! in this rig. And possibly A steel tray made up if I can't find A second hand one. Also probably A boost gauge and A EGT kit as my misses may be driving my ute sometimes.

Thanks guys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cotts
Here and there

Unread post by cotts » November 15th, 2013, 8:36 pm

g'day dustyheadache
Im sure you will enjoy your new ute, they are a tuff breed and seem to go forever, i have an 03 ra rodeo 3.0tdi stock it was loud as well dp chip smoothed it out alot, but the best thing for making her quite is running 2 stroke in my diesel, made a heap of difference, anyways good luck with the truck mate

dustyheadache
Here and there

Unread post by dustyheadache » November 17th, 2013, 2:41 pm

Thanks Cotts I took my ute out for A run through an easy track at mother mountain near Gympie this afternoon it took the track really well, I also found A few other tracks that had A few muddy ruts which I can't wait to hit up next weekend and show my uncles great wall up :D

remi179
Getting to know the place

Unread post by remi179 » December 4th, 2013, 6:08 pm

Image now to get my suspension done again

Donz
Here and there

Unread post by Donz » December 5th, 2013, 8:07 pm

DonzDEO.jpg
picked up me deo today! man im stoked!

dix_rodeo98
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by dix_rodeo98 » December 5th, 2013, 10:00 pm

well I don't think ive posted in here about my ride. that I was proud of until I had driven it into a water hole n umm got a tad water inside 'er anyway it was a TFR9 98 model rodeo.
bought it from stock from a mate in local fire brigade. had 205/70/16 which I then went to put on some 245/70/16
they went down pretty quick with what I did with them in the mud :) maxxis 771s I remembered :) mind you I had no lift in it whatsoever. so it sat pretty nicely :)

anyhow I then went out to beaurepairs n got some 31" wranglers MTs on black sunnies...here is a pic

sold that 14 months ago for my current 2006 RA Rodeo 4X4 dual cab Flat Tray with work lights, bulbar, UHF (which I removed later on) since then I have put in a double din audio system, 6" splits in the front n 6 inch speakers in the rear. and LED tail light and LED front parkers n indicators indented into the bar. also have fitted a 9LED great white bar.
here is a photo of it when I bought it...

got a scan gauge on it way. should arrive tomorrow.
one question, whats the best fuel consumption people have got on their RA's?

cotts
Here and there

Unread post by cotts » December 6th, 2013, 7:13 pm

gday dix_rodeo98
town driving im down to about 11ltr/100km not taking into account the overdrive from the 31"s which is about 5% I think so 10.5?

dix_rodeo98
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by dix_rodeo98 » December 9th, 2013, 10:43 pm

cotts wrote:gday dix_rodeo98
town driving im down to about 11ltr/100km not taking into account the overdrive from the 31"s which is about 5% I think so 10.5?
howdy cotts,
are you talking about my current model or the TF? if you're getting 11/100 in your RA you're doing real good. I just received my scan gauge today so got that mounted in too. going to take ma while to leanr everything about it. least till I read the manual when I can be bothered :/
are you local too, in Tassie? or mainlander

Return to “Rodeo”