What to look out for buying a Rodeo

milky4x4
Here and there

What to look out for buying a Rodeo

Unread post by milky4x4 » December 24th, 2014, 7:53 pm

I'm looking at buying a 2004 4x4 duel cab Rodeo with around 200,000kms on the clock.

From the pics it looks pretty tidy and fairly stock.

The ad says great ute, no problems of course.

What should I look out for when I check it over before buying?

I have no experience with Rodeo's.

Thanks

Bouncin Betty
Getting to know the place

Re: What to look out for buying a Rodeo

Unread post by Bouncin Betty » December 31st, 2014, 11:19 am

Rodeos can be hard on cvs so have a look at them first if its a diesel they seem to run forever I have a 1999 diesel dual cab TF LX and its got 220,000 on the clock . When I bought it I had to get a busted engine mount fixed that and the back brakes needed doing and it did the starter a little while back. But it had had a pretty hard life out in the scrub the previous owner was honest about it he sold me it covered in dirt, I have retired it now for just easy stuff so hopefully yours will be in good nick but like all buys it will end up needing something done to it like mine did . Its been going good since doing the work on it. Mine is good on fuel up mountains and such .Best of luck if you go ahead with it let us know how you go with it if there is anything I can do to help with info ect let me know.
Cheers Bill :)

smac
Avid Poster

Unread post by smac » April 28th, 2015, 5:09 pm

Are the TF Rodeos any hood at towing? We have a small caravan that weighs in at about 950kgs

Ian Johnston
Here and there

Unread post by Ian Johnston » April 30th, 2015, 7:33 am

Is it diesel, or petrol. I have just bought an RA diesel 4x4, no dramas so far bar replacing shockers.
Has 243,000ks, runs very well.
Had a 1999 twin cab diesel new as a company vehicle, still going at over 300,000ks.
Very underrated vehicle IMHO for general 4x4 work.

Return to “Rodeo”