View topic - 7'' lift kit for rodeo 91-02 model

7'' lift kit for rodeo 91-02 model

Here and there

7'' lift kit for rodeo 91-02 model

just came across superior engineerings 7" lift kit :0 has anyone got it or does anyone know if its legal? cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unread postby holden98rodeo » September 8th, 2011, 5:32 pm

Here and there

Re: 7'' lift kit for rodeo 91-02 model

ive seen these kits too and it got me thinking, yeah got to get me one, i want it but.......

they dont flex that well......no more then standard......

you dont need that much lift.....

and id only fit 33s max as the front diff/cvs wouldnt handle 35s or bigger

so i think its a poser kit really.

i do like the look off the rodeos up high but

Unread postby DAN54B » September 8th, 2011, 5:54 pm

Here and there

so might just be better off sticking with the 2inch lift and body lift it looks so good because compared to a sas conversion its a sh** load cheaper but i guess theres a reason for that obviously not as good.

Unread postby holden98rodeo » September 8th, 2011, 6:04 pm

Been here a while

I had a look at these the other night.... I'm no suspension guru but it kinda looks like an overkill bodylift.. like the parts bolt on to the current suspension but sit the car higher?

I think it'd look tough, but when it came down to it, I think it'd be average in handling.

Be like one of them soccermum cars..

I know for about 2k snakeracing offer a rodeo suspension kit which is apparently meant to be 3'' and includes the control arms and extra brake lines (front only for the 2k price)

So I think 2k for 3'' lift and a couple additional hungies for a 2'' body lift and you'd have more than enough.

Thats my plan anyway, already got the body lift, just saving up coin for the snake racing kit.. and the 2 slabs of beer to get the mates around to lift it with me in the shed.

Unread postby sambo88 » September 8th, 2011, 8:32 pm

Here and there

I think thats the way im going to head a 3inch lift and maybe body blocks but then again body blocks seem like alot of hassle trying to raise everything to get it all to fit but theres no way that 7'' lift can be legal especially with how strict queensland is on there 4x4 modification laws.

Unread postby holden98rodeo » September 9th, 2011, 12:30 pm

Been here a while

well true, I admit, mine already came with body lift because my mate I bought off did the hard yards and did it.

But... if I had to do it, I'd pass and go straight to a suspension lift haha - unless I had mates that knew how to reweld the bullbar and all that extra crap that comes with a body lift!

Unread postby sambo88 » September 9th, 2011, 6:52 pm

Here and there

its not that hard to do body lifts.
i just changed mine from 2" to a 3" kit coz i have a plan to get more wheel travel with only the 2.5" sus lift i alredy have.
plus il need the room to move my play tyres

Unread postby DAN54B » September 10th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Return to Rodeo