Front Diff locker Rodeo/MU/Jack

Australia's Own
Fly3r
Been here a while

Front Diff locker Rodeo/MU/Jack

Unread post by Fly3r » August 1st, 2007, 10:24 am

I'm after a front diff locker for my MU, I now of the 4wdsystem one in Adelaide, was after maybe a few differnet brand so i can get the best one (Autolocker). I think they are the same as th TF rodeo and Jackaroo.

So if you know of any and where to ge them??

Most appreciated.
Isuzu Mu 1994 3.1 t/d, 3in Calmini suspension, Lovell Raised springs, 2in Body lift, 33x12.5x15 MT/R's, Eagle alloy rims 15x10 rear and 15x8 front,
[url=http://www.myspace.com/bog93d]My Space[/url] [url=http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?content=all&chunk=arbu&user=2478]My Shed[/url]

xrboy_85
Been here a while

Unread post by xrboy_85 » August 2nd, 2007, 1:35 pm

hey flyer go to the air lokka forum in the general disscussion we have been debating this for two days now. Just save your money and buy and arb air lokka anything else will just not be good enough
2001 Toyota Hilux Extra cab 1800mm tray all the ARByou can think of!! ladder racks with awening, rhino roof system, hot water shower denco turbo, :waycool:

Fly3r
Been here a while

Unread post by Fly3r » August 2nd, 2007, 6:00 pm

Are you talking about the Airlocker VS winch thread, cause thats as useless as tits on a bull... sorry ;)
Isuzu Mu 1994 3.1 t/d, 3in Calmini suspension, Lovell Raised springs, 2in Body lift, 33x12.5x15 MT/R's, Eagle alloy rims 15x10 rear and 15x8 front,
[url=http://www.myspace.com/bog93d]My Space[/url] [url=http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?content=all&chunk=arbu&user=2478]My Shed[/url]

Bazza_rips
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Bazza_rips » August 3rd, 2007, 6:23 am

Fly3r wrote:Are you talking about the Airlocker VS winch thread, cause thats as useless as tits on a bull... sorry ;)

true! i'd say he's got a point though. air lockers are the shiz
Moderate amount of kit......... Still a bloody long list to go!

Who needs Bling when you've got Black sunnies?

Fly3r
Been here a while

Unread post by Fly3r » August 3rd, 2007, 12:37 pm

It is, but i don't have the kind of money laying aroun for one other wise i would has 2 front and back, it would be awesome!

so does anybody know any auto locker that would fit the front of a MU o rodeo or jackaroo???

dhc4ever
Part of the furniture

Unread post by dhc4ever » August 4th, 2007, 8:14 am

"so does anybody know any auto locker that would fit the front of a MU o rodeo or jackaroo???"

Yes the 4wd systems ones will fit, and if they are set up correctly give reasonable service for the money.
Do a search on this forum for lockers theres roughly 20,000of them, most if not all you questions will be answered.
There are better lockers on the market, you have to balance what you want to achieve with how much you want to spend.
I have a 4wds lokka fitted to the front of my rodeo and to date its give no problems and has done everything Ive asked of it. It like any locker will increase the capability of you 4x4.

Mental MU
Avid Poster

Unread post by Mental MU » August 4th, 2007, 8:49 pm

Check out the forum at 4x4 Club Isuzu Australia & New Zealand for more detailed info on MU diff lockers.
ISUZU MU.
Drive anything else and you'll never understand!

Fly3r
Been here a while

Unread post by Fly3r » August 6th, 2007, 6:04 pm

Fly3r wrote:I'm after a front diff locker for my MU, I now of the 4wdsystem one in Adelaide, was after maybe a few differnet brand so i can get the best one (Autolocker). I think they are the same as th TF rodeo and Jackaroo.

So if you know of any and where to ge them??

Most appreciated.
dhc4ever wrote:"so does anybody know any auto locker that would fit the front of a MU o rodeo or jackaroo???"

Yes the 4wd systems ones will fit, and if they are set up correctly give reasonable service for the money.
Do a search on this forum for lockers theres roughly 20,000of them, most if not all you questions will be answered.
There are better lockers on the market, you have to balance what you want to achieve with how much you want to spend.
I have a 4wds lokka fitted to the front of my rodeo and to date its give no problems and has done everything Ive asked of it. It like any locker will increase the capability of you 4x4.

besides the one from 4wdsystem in adelaide...

Anyways, sorry for upseting a few people...

I guess these not to many options then..
Thanks all for you help

fatboyvncalaisv
Here and there

Unread post by fatboyvncalaisv » August 8th, 2007, 12:21 am

I have one of those 4wds lokka's in my VN V8.......works well in there.
believe me, it cops much more of a flogging than it ever would in your 4x4, and has never had a problem.

Fly3r
Been here a while

Unread post by Fly3r » August 8th, 2007, 12:28 am

thanks, i think i'll end up going that direction!! I'm looking forward to it! tightened LSD in the read and locker in the front... should work alright i think.
thanks!

xrboy_85
Been here a while

Unread post by xrboy_85 » August 23rd, 2007, 7:28 pm

Just bear in mind FLy3r that when you tighten your lsd you put more strain on your diff and drive shafts on the road cause lsd's are designed to slip so on road when you have a diff that wants to turn and the outside wheel wants to spin faster and it can't you can do mroe harm than good long term. with the 4wd's lokka one thing you have to remember is that it will limit your steering and drivability. if you have an air lokka you can controlabley get through your tight spot and then flick it off and drive out of it. the other thing is with the lokka you may find if you need it to engage on a hill if it engages then you roll back down it may dissengage by you rolling backwards because some of those auto lockers actually dissengage when you roll back. oh and buy the way do you have a frontera?? does you car have air bags ?? i want a body lift but noone will touch me cause i have air bags grrrrr and when you put your calmini kit in did your tail shaft rub on your fuel tank???
Thanks Justin
2001 Toyota Hilux Extra cab 1800mm tray all the ARByou can think of!! ladder racks with awening, rhino roof system, hot water shower denco turbo, :waycool:

RODEO4X4
Been here a while

Unread post by RODEO4X4 » April 26th, 2009, 11:34 pm

Greetings, i am also looking at lockers and have decided on the auto lokka for my rodeo. This lokka is constantly engaged until one wheel has to spin faster, as in a corner, where it releases that wheel and continues drive through the slower rotating (inside) wheel. The only problem i can pick with that is weight transfer from body roll. Ie- if you are going around a left hand corner, weight is transfered to the right. But doesn't matter in the bush. There is a comprehensive artical on their web site explaining its function.

RODEO4X4
Been here a while

Unread post by RODEO4X4 » April 28th, 2009, 12:34 pm

GREETINGS, HOPE THIS HELPS. First of all, its better to explain the different types of lockers commonly avaliable. The three most common brands of diff locks comprise of essentially two different types. The Detroit Locker and the Lock Right are an automatic locker that are always in operation. They work by leaving the diff locked and automatically unlocking it when required. Without getting technical, they work by transmitting drive equally to both wheels but allow a wheel to turn faster than driven speed, such as required when cornering. The ARB diff lock is operated by a switch when required and locks the diff completely. It does not allow any difference in wheel speed on the same axle.
The advantage of the automatic lockers is that they allow one wheel to overspeed, thus allowing easier cornering. When fitted to the front diff, this allows steering control to be easily maintained whereas a locked diff tends to go straight ahead. Proponents of locking diffs point out that the diff can be turned off to allow steering control or that it should only be used when traction is so poor it makes no difference to steering. In practice, it is a definite advantage to maintain steering control. However, an automatic locker should not be fitted to the front diff of permanent four wheel drives as it has a noticable effect on steering when on reasonable traction surfaces. When a part-time 4WD is in 2WD there is no effect what so ever on the steering from an auto diff lock. A permanent 4WD’s only option for the front diff is an ARB locker.

98fronty
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fronty » November 8th, 2009, 4:33 pm

hi everyone thought i would use this thread instead of starting a new one.
while we on the subject of front diff's in holden's and isuzu's does anyone know if a swb frontera one is the same as a jack, rodeo, mu one ect any help will be appreciated. and FLY3R have you got your diff lock in yet was it worth the $$$$ or would you recomend another one.
cheers 98fronty

Return to “General Holden”